An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 15th April 2000
Northern Premier League Premier Division

Barrow1Waller (29)
Hyde United2Hall (50), Band (89)

Attendance: 985

Barrow: Bishop, Ellison, Hill, Hume, Waller, Whittle, Peel, Illman, Peverell, Lowe, Doherty. Subs: McKechnie, Dowell, Toman.

Hyde United: Graham Bennett, Matty Taylor, Paul Robertson, Gus Wilson, Paul Taylor, Peter Band, Lloyd Richardson (Willie Griffiths), Neil Hall, Simon Yeo, Gavin Salmon (Mark Hall), Karl Marginson (Steve Tobin)

The Tigers kept alive their slim chances of promotion thanks to a last minute winner from Peter Band here at Holker Street. Hyde welcomed back Paul Taylor from injury but were without Jody Banim, John Foster and Ally Pickering from the side which beat Guiseley on Tuesday. Hyde created the better chances of the first ten minutes, first Salmon's flick put through Yeo but Simon Bishop in the Barrow goal got down to block his shot and then Bishop saved again from Yeo when the striker connected with Robertson's corner. Barrow then awoke and started to cause problems for Hyde. They had a goal disallowed for offside before Peverill's powerful shot flew just past the post. Barrow took the lead on 29 minutes, a free kick near thehalfway line was knocked into the box by Lowe, Graham Bennett cleared with his fist but the ball fell kindly to Michael Waller who simply sidefooted the ball into the unguarded goal. Neil Illman was next to try his luck but his shot from just outside the penalty area was straight at Bennett. Barrow had claims for a penalty waved away by the referee shortly before the break after Richardson appeared to have handled whilst back defending. Illman almost increased the home side's advantage two minutes after the break when his looping shot beat Bennett but bounced off the crossbar allowing Hyde to clear. The Tigers equalised in the 50th minute through an unlikely source, Robertson's cross from the left was cleared but the ball dropped to Neil Hall who volleyed home from twenty yards. Paul Robertson then started to cause all kinds off problems for his old club, twice making strong runs down the left and crossing but on both occasions he saw Bishop save well from Yeo's attempts. Illman weaved his way into the area but Bennett stood up well and saved his shot using his legs. Kenny Lowe should have secured a victory for Barrow after breaking clear but he shot wildly over thecrossbar from ten yards with just Bennett to beat. Mark Hume then went close with a header from Illman's free kick but Bennett tipped his effort over the top. Hyde then stole the three points in the final minute after Robertson corner was headed goalbound by Yeo, Bishop saved and Peter Band knocked home the loose ball from six yards.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2023. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.