An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 16th September 2017
F.A. Cup 2nd Qualifying Round

Warrington Town1Kinsella (68)
Hyde United1Jones (90)

Attendance: 429

Warrington Town: McMillan, Carden, Keown, Barnes, McCarten (c), Baker,(Richards) Mwasile,(Kinsella) Williams, Gray (Jerome), Hughes, Sanogo. Unused subs: Ascroft, Davis, Vassallo

Hyde United: Peter Crook, Kyle Harrison, James Burke, Janni Lipka, Harry Coates (David Brown), Paddy Miller, Chris Sutherland, Phattaraphol 'Big' Khamsuk, Matthew Beadle (Tyrone Gay), Tom Pratt (Karl Jones), Luke Porritt. Subs not used: Pete Boyle, Ryan Ellison, James Hodges, Sanchez Payne.

Hyde were excellent against a strong, experienced Warrington side, making it nineteen games unbeaten, equalising with the final kick of the game

The opening 15 minutes were tough for Hyde, with an excellent Warrington side keeping the ball, controlling the tempo and looking a threat on both flanks. Hyde were organised and disciplined, staying in shape and looking to break quickly when in possession.

15 Minutes into the game and a back pass to the Warrington keeper was chased down by Matty Beadle with the keeper failing to clear as the ball bobbled and Hyde suddenly stepped forward and started to believe. Chris Sutherland was on the front foot, twice beating his man and firing in fantastic right foot crosses, and he was matched by Luke Porritt on the left flank, who clearly had the better of the Warrington right-back, firing in two very dangerous crosses which were almost prodded home by the Warrington defence.

The only negative in the first half was a yellow for Captain Paddy Miller when he took one for the team, stopping a swift attack by Warrington and with four first half corners and a number of half chances the Tigers had a slight edge & were clearly the happier of the two sides going in at half time.

HT 0-0

The second half started brightly for Hyde and they spent the opening 10 minutes virtually camped in the Warrington half, with the Wires looking to hit the Tigers on the break. Again Hyde had joy down the flanks and created several good half chances without carving out anything decisive.

On 70 minutes Warrington played a ball down the left channel, and Paddy looked to shepherd it out, shoulder to shoulder with the Warrington number 7 who fell to the ground. The referee was happy to allow play to continue, but a flag from the linesman who was no closer meant he gave a foul and Warrington opened the scoring when the defence allowed substitute Ged Kinsella to head home unmarked at the back post. 1-0 Warrington

The tigers are not a side to accept defeat, and looked to get forward and draw level. Luke Porritt forced a fantastic reaction save from the Warrington keeper, and Big Khamsuk and Paddy Miller both delivered excellent balls into the box, but Warrington were holding firm with their outstanding Number 5 controlling the back four. David Brown, Karl Jones and the imposing Tyron Gay were on for the final push, and the workrate of David Brown upped the tempo and rattled Warrington who looked tired and nervous as the board was lifted showing 4 minutes of injury time to play.

Into injury time and a ball into the box was headed wide by Tyrone Gay. Brown placed the ball on the 6 yard box, urging the referee to speed play up and the Warrington keeper kicked it straight to Kyle Harrison on the half way line, a square pass to Paddy Miller and a ball out to Luke Porritt allowing the winger to cut inside and deliver a ball into the box which Tyron Headed back onto the penalty spot for Karl Jones to swivel and hit an unstoppable half volley under the keeper and into the Warrington goal. 1-1

There was just enough time to restart and the Tigers were jumping, with a replay back at fortress Ewen Fields on Tuesday evening

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.