An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 26th February 2000
Northern Premier League Premier Division

Hyde United4Banim (16), Band (42), Robertson (58), Taylor (68 pen)
Whitby Town1Ludlow (9)

Attendance: 407

Hyde United: Graham Bennett, John Foster, Gus Wilson, Brendan Aspinall, Paul Taylor, Peter Band, Martin McDonald (Steve Tobin), Neil Hall (Lloyd Richardson), Paul Robertson, Jody Banim, Karl Marginson (Darren McConnell)

Whitby Town: Dawson, Williams, Logan, Hudson, Dixon, Key, Dobbin, Ure, Robinson, Ludlow, Skedd. Subs: Vickers, Cook, Price.

Whitby settled the quicker of the two sides and were unlucky not to take the lead inside the first five minutes when a twenty yard lob beat Bennett but landed on the wrong side of the post. This didn't deter the Blues and when Lee Ludlow got away from Taylor on 9 minutes, he made sure his shot landed inside the posts to give the visitors the lead. The Tigers soon hit back, seven minutes later to be precise, when Jody Banim's tame effort took a deflection to leave Whitby goalkeeper Dawson helpless. Karl Marginson then rattled the angle of post and crossbar with a free kick on the edge of the area, although Dawson tipped the ball onto the woodwork with an excellent save. Hyde's next chance came from a Robertson corner, Band headed down and Marginson fired over from six yards. Whitby had a great chance to re-take the lead when Ludlow cut in from the left and fired a shot just over the top with Bennett at full stretch. Instead it was Hyde who took the lead on 42 minutes, Robertson's ball curled in from the left drew Dawson from his line but he couldn't collect and Peter Band rolled the ball into the empty goal. Early in the second half McDonald fizzed a twenty yarder straight at Dawson and Robinson went close for Whitby with a free header following a free kick. Hyde went further ahead on 58 minutes as Banim's header set Marginson away, he cut into the box then with good vision slotted the ball to Paul Robertson who netted his first for The Tigers. On 68 minutes Marginson was fouled inside the area and Paul Taylor dispatched the spot kick clinically to increase the scoreline once again. Foster crossed from the right and Marginson won the header but Dawson was able to stop with his legs as Hyde looked to increase their goal difference. Towards the end it was Whitby who played the better football as they looked to regain some pride, Bennett needing to be alert as he tipped a stinging close range shot around his near post.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2024. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.