An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Monday 17th January 2000
F.A. Trophy 3rd Round (Replay)

Hyde United2Walker (20), Banim (81)
Hednesford Town0

Attendance: 518

Hyde United: Graham Bennett, John Foster, Paul Robertson, Gus Wilson, Paul Taylor, Peter Band, Steve Tobin, Neil Hall, Simon Yeo, Jody Banim, Stuart Walker. Subs not used: Brendan Aspinall, Darren McConnell, Darren Esdaille.

Hednesford Town: Stewart, Evans, Reece, Lake, Brindley, Comyn, Robinson, Kelly, Davis, Goodwin, Kimmins. Subs: O'Connor, Norman, Rhodes.

The Tigers gave an excellent first half display against what can only be described as a poor Hednesford side. Banim played Hall in on the right before getting onto the end of his cross but firing wide. Hednesford won a corner after a low shot from the right was deflected past the post, but nothing came from the set-piece. Some neat and tidy passing led to Jody Banim turning a defender and firing a low shot which Stewart did well to stop. The Tigers took the lead on 20 minutes when Paul Robertson curled in a corner and Stuart Walker rose to head home. Simon Yeo then got away from the defence and forced an excellent save from Stewart who was runningbackwards at the time. A through ball by Foster was met by Banim but he shot over under pressure from the onrushing Stewart. Foster himself then went close with a rasping 25 yard effort which just cleared the crossbar. Billy Stewart again came to The Pitmen's rescue as he leapt to keep out Robertson's chip after a mazy 30 yard dribble. Robertson then showed his defensive abilities as he headed Ged Kimmins' drive from off the goal line as Hednesford tried to get back in the game. Just before the break Banim closed down a defender, made the tackle and forced Stewart to parry his shot onto the post and behind. Early in the second period, Banim played in Yeo but the striker shot over with his right foot. Saturday's hero Paul Taylor then hooked away a great cross from the left as Hednesford tried to find a way past The Tigers. Jody Banim kept up his lively evening by taking on a defender and firing a shot at goal which Stewart managed to stop with his legs. Next up was Simon Yeo, he burst down the left, cut inside and shot but again Stewart produced another superb stop. Neil Hall put Hyde under pressure with a poor backpass but Paul Taylor made a miraculous tackle as Kimmins looked clear through. In almost a carbon copy of his last chance, Yeo again broke down the left after good play by Walker, he ran half the length of the pitch but again Stewart made a save. From the resulting corner, Tobin played the ball to the near post and Jody Banim outjumped everyone to seal the game in the 81st minute. Davies then headed straight at Bennett and Ged Kimmins almost grabbed a consolation but Hyde ran out deserved winners and will now face Runcorn at home in round four.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.