An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 17th December 2005
Conference North

Hucknall Town1Ward (47)
Hyde United3Wharton (41), Johnson (70), Dean (78)

Attendance: 337

Hucknall Town: Lindley, Asher, Carter, Rowland, Sucharewycz, Timons, McSweeney, Groves, Ward, Gill, Nelthorpe. Subs: Nangle, Robinson, Smith, Mellars, Francis.

Hyde United: Jean-Paul Ndjebayi, Lincoln Adams, Paul Armstrong, Paul Jones, Mike Flynn, Nathan Wharton, Wayne Dean, Gerry Harrison, Nicky Clee, Dale Johnson (Neil Tolson), Matty McNeil. Subs not used: Chris Lynch, Danny Caldecott, Tony Ellis, John Gaynor.

Report by Tony Beard:

Hyde made it four league wins in a row, three of them away, as they beat Hucknall Town on their own patch on Saturday. It was nothing less than they deserved against last season's FA Trophy finalists on a difficult hard pitch.

Jean Paul Ndjebayi kept Hyde in the game at the start with some good handling and smart saves, before there was an almighty scramble before Hyde hacked the ball clear. The Tigers grew in confidence as the half went on and took the lead a minute before half-time when Nathan Wharton wasn't closed down before he lashed the ball home for his third goal in four games.

Hyde's joy was short-lived, however, as Mark Ward equalised two minutes after the break with a shot which deceived the unlucky Ndjebayi. Hucknall pressed forward but the Hyde defence stood firm against a succession of in-swinging corners. The Tigers stepped up the pace and Nicky Clee was unlucky on sixty minutes after a superb run and shot, which James Lindlay was happy to parry away.

The Tigers had posted their intention that they were not to lie down and Dale Johnson restored the lead on 70 minutes after great work from Matty McNeil. Wayne Dean grabbed his third in as many games after another mazy run by Clee eight minutes later and Hyde were home and dry. They almost grabbed another in the closing stages as Lindlay completely missed a back pass after a bad bobble on the bumpy pitch, but he managed to scramble back just in time.

The Hyde defence again looked good, expertly marshalled by Mike Flynn, with Ndjebayi commanding behind them, whilst McNeil and Johnson wreaked havoc every time they got the ball. Clee and Dean gave the Tigers width when they needed it and generated space for the creative Wharton to run through.

The Tigers have come a long way in three weeks, and now have something to build on for their tough Christmas programme.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.