An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Friday 12th November 1999
Northern Premier League Premier Division

Hyde United4Hulse (56, 82), Walker (87), Aspinall (90)
Lancaster City1Barnes (33)

Attendance: 465

Hyde United: Kurt Edgington (Matty Taylor), Gus Wilson, Kojoe Taylor, Brendan Aspinall, Paul Taylor, Peter Band, Steve Tobin, Neil Hall, Simon Yeo, Rob Hulse, Stuart Walker. Subs not used: Lloyd Richardson, Jody Banim.

Lancaster City: Thornley, Kilbane, Graham, Udall, Horner, mayers, Jessop, Bailey, Ward, Barnes, Martin. Subs: Dickinson for Kilbane, Kennedy for Barnes, Sparrow.

Simon Yeo had the Tigers first chance of the night when he hooked the ball over his head and wide after a free kick. Band won the ball in the centre of the pitch, drove forward and crossed for Walker to volley across the face of goal and wide. Soon afterwards, Walker broke free on the left but Thornley got down well to save. Simon Yeo cut inside from the left but again Thornley was able to smother the shot. Hyde lost goalkeeper Kurt Edgington with damaged ribs and Paul Taylor took over the gloves. The first thing Taylor had to do was pick the ball out of the net as on 33 minutes Lancaster broke away, Taylor came out and blocked the first effort but Kevin Barnes was able to poke home the rebound. Rob Hulse went close just before half-time when he rose to met Kojoe Taylor's cross and saw his glancing header fly across goal and wide. On 56 minutes Hyde were level, Yeo played the ball to Walker on the left, he hit the perfect cross and Rob Hulse powered his header past Thornley. The Hyde pressure continued as Steve Tobin's 20 yard shot was pushed away by Thornley but Lancaster could have restored their advantage when Kenny Mayers with time & space pulled his shot across goal with only Taylor to beat. Hyde went 2-1 ahead on 82 minutes when Walker fed Rob Hulse on the left, he cut inside two defenders and let fly with a shot that landed just inside the far post, a truly great goal. Hyde got their third on 87 minutes when a 30 yard Stuart Walker free kick which was meant as a cross eluded everyone and went in at the far post although I believe the goal has since been credited to Rob Hulse who almost got to it but didn't!!. Hyde sealed another victory in the last minute when Steve Tobin's corner was powered home by Brendan Aspinall.

Paul Taylor took over in goals after 30 minutes following an injury to Kurt Edgington.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2024. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.