An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 4th March 2017
Northern Premier League First Division North

Hyde United4Beadle (52), Harrison (55), Lipka (70), Hunter (90)
Farsley Celtic5Deacey (2), Howarth (66), Marshall (84 pen), Savory (87), Clayton (90)

Attendance: 438

Hyde United: Russell Saunders, Kyle Harrison, James Burke, Matthew Dempsey (Jamal Branker (Ryan Ellison)), Harry Coates, Paddy Miller, Lawrence Hunter, Janni Lipka, Matthew Beadle (Ayrton Bevins), Phattaraphol 'Big' Khamsuk, Chris Sutherland. Subs not used: Pete Boyle, Lewis Haydock. Sent off: James Burke, Paddy Miller.

Farsley Celtic: Graeme McKibbin, Aaron Hardy, Chris Howarth, Ross Daly, Adam Clayton, Aiden Savory, Lewis Nightingale, Richard Marshall, James Walshaw, Jordan Deacey, Paul Walker. Subs: Ryan Watson, Peter Davidson, Chris Atkinson, Ryan Serrant, Lamin Colley. Sent Off: Walshaw

Farsely were very good in the opening 45 minutes. I think they are the best side we have played by some distance and the only thing that didn't reflect this was the half time score.

The opening 10 minutes had Farsley on the ball and Hyde chasing shadows. The referee didn't help, because any attempt to get close and put in a challenge resulted in a free kick and a talking to. This meant that Farsley were able to find space and pop the ball around.

They created overloads and Hyde were often tracking back on the wrong side of their man, which is how the opening goal came about. Farsley moved the ball quickly though midfield and a smart pass through the Hyde back four from the edge of the box allowed Jordan Deacey to run through and slide the ball under saunders in the Hyde goal.

Hyde got to grips with the system after about ten minutes, and an enforced change to Matt Dempsey, off with a calf strain, meant Big Khamsuk dropped into a deeper midfield roll, and Jamal Banker replaced Demps working hard to break up play and get the ball forward.

Before half time you could see green shoots from the Hyde attack with James Burke and Lawrance Hunter both breaking into the box forcing good last ditch tackles.


The second half started and a whirlwind was released. Hyde were much closer and managing to get on the ball.

Eight minutes in and the outstanding Matthew Beadle made it 10 in 10, latching onto a ball in the box and turning smartly to volley home. 1-1 and well deserved.

Four minutes later and the Tigers doubled their lead when Kyle Harrison picked up the ball 35 yards out, beat his man and lashed in a 25 yard half volley rocket which swerved and dipped past the Farsley keeper. 2-1 Hyde

The joy was short lived. The experienced Paddy Miller got involved in an off the ball incident after the linesman awarded a free kick level with the edge of the Hyde box, and Paddy received a red card for kicking out. Tigers down to 10 men and Farsley were soon reduced to 10 when the resulting free kick was claimed by the Hyde keeper who received a high foot into the middle of his chest from Farsley forward James Walshaw, who received a straight red.

On 66 minutes Farsley were level again when Chris Howarth cut back on the left hand edge of the Hyde box, curling an outstanding 20 yard shot into the far corner of the goal, evading the desperate reach of Saunders in the Tigers goal. 2-2

73 Minutes on the clock and Chris Sutherland picked up the ball, driving forwards into the Farsley box, before looking up and cutting the ball back for Janni Lipka to fire it home from 6 yards. 3-2 Hyde

With 85 gone, Farsley were pushing for the equaliser and were awarded a penalty when the referee decided a James Burke block to a goal bound Farsley shot hit his arm, resulting in a second yellow and the Tigers down to 9 men.. Calm finish from Richard Marshall 3-3. Two minutes later and Farsley took the lead when they drove down the right, getting in behind the Tigers reorganised defence and the ball was pulled back for Lewis Nightingale to side foot home. 4-3 Farsley


On 90 minutes Chris Sutherland beat his man and was clean through on the edge of the Farsley box before he was hacked down by Aiden Savory, but the referee decided this was only a yellow. Lawrance Hunter placed the ball and fired an outstanding free kick across the keeper into the far corner of the Farsley goal. 4-4 and wild celebrations in the crowd of 450 and on the Hyde bench.

The referee signalled 5 minutes of injury time, and with two played a ball down the right hand channel by Farsley was cleared for a corner, and with a spare man at the back, Farsley managed to side foot home from 3 yards to win the game, and break the home fans hearts.


An amazing game for the neutral, but unfortunately that is not me! If I had a cat i would be trying to kick it.

Hyde were equal to Farsley for the vast majority of the game. Farsley have the chance to win the league and automatic promotion, and we were as good as them so this is the main thing we can take from todays game.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.