An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 4th February 2017
Northern Premier League First Division North

Hyde United3Beadle (35), Branker (44, 80)
Scarborough Athletic2Nelthorpe (13), Lucid (90)

Attendance: 366

Hyde United: Russell Saunders, Kyle Harrison, Lawrence Hunter, Laurie Bell, James Burke, Paddy Miller, Ryan Ellison (Oliver Ford), Janni Lipka, Matthew Beadle (Ayrton Bevins), Phattaraphol 'Big' Khamsuk (Sam Fitton), Jamal Branker. Subs not used: Pete Boyle, Danny Tavares.

Scarborough Athletic: Porter, Price, Merris, Ible, Lucid, Turnbull, Nelthorpe, Murray, Logan, Bolder, Hazel. Subs:- Flint, Dennison, Igiehon, Humble, Morgan.

Scarborough were quickly out of the blocks and looked like a team who were riding high in the league, controlling the opening 15 minutes with a high tempo, incisive passing and pace. The only thing missing was the final pass, and Hyde did well to hold on to their coat tails, but there was a feeling of inevitability when Scarborough broke quickly and headed home from a deep cross to the back post on 16 minutes.

This was the turning point in the game, and the last clear cut chance Scarborough would create for another 75 minutes. Hyde sucked it in, got hold of the ball and stepped on the gas. Janni Lipka, and Laurence Bell got on the ball, and started to control the play. With Ryan Ellison and Jamal Branker running at the full backs, they stretched the play and created space for Big Khamsuk to play in the hole, supporting the outstanding Matthew Beadle.

The chances started to come and Hyde were now dominant winning their battles all over the pitch with the equaliser coming on 36 minutes when Beadle chased a through Ball and bravely slotted home with the Scarborough keeper diving in over the top of the ball. 1-1.

Six minutes later and Jamal Branker ran on to a slide rule through ball from Matthew Beadle and kept his composure giving the keeper eyes before slotting home in the opposite corner.

HT 2-1 Hyde

The second half started with a much more confident Hyde in control of the game. Paddy Miller and James Burke talking and organising in the centre of defence, with the outstanding Kyle Harrison and Lawrence Hunter adding to the solid defensive feel. Midfield was now in the possession of the Tigers, allowing Ellison and Branker to get forward and run at the Scarborough defence. With 36 minutes of the second half gone, Jamal picked the ball up in the centre circle, driving forward before playing the ball out to Ryan Ellsion on the right who hit a peach of a cross along the floor to the feet of Beadle who fired wide from 6 yards. Thankfully, the Tigers didn't have to rue this miss, with Big Khamsuk feeding a rampant Jamal again with a ball slipped into the left hand edge of the box, allowing Jamal to take a touch before looking up and firing under the Scarborough Keeper from 12 yards. 3-1 Hyde

The final eight minutes were nervous with the referee giving a succession of free kick to Scarborough, but the defence looked solid winning the ball in the air and on the ground.

Four minutes of injury time were signalled, and Scarborough pulled one back in the second of these when a deep corner was bundled home from 2 yards, but the Tigers stood strong, seeing out the game and collecting the points.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.