An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Tuesday 15th November 2016
Manchester Premier Cup 2nd Round

Hyde United3Boyle (6, 45), Jones (23)
Salford City3Warburton (12, 52), Hulme (89)

Attendance: 289

Hyde United: Russell Saunders, James Burke, Kyle Brownhill, Harry Coates, Adam M Jones (Andy Bishop), Sam Heathcote, Sam Fitton, Janni Lipka (Phattaraphol 'Big' Khamsuk), Pete Boyle, Ayrton Bevins, Daniel Pilkington (Jamal Branker). Subs not used: Matthew Dempsey, Kelvin Jackson.

Salford City: Russell, Smalley, Roberts, Moges, Priestley, O'Halloran, Atkinson, Warburton, King, Poole, Allen. Subs: Nottingham, Bickett, Haughton, Hulme, Walker.

Salford progress through to the semi final of the Manchester Cup on penalty kicks 3-1, but Hyde take the honours for an outstanding performance which points to a bright future for the club, its players, and its policy of development.

Salford are currently 6th in the National League North, a full 54 places above Hyde in the non league pyramid, and on a different planet in terms of player budgets, but Hyde are starting to look the part, with a squad who are clearly capable of playing a few levels higher.

Darren made a number of changes to the team who gained an excellent point in the league on Saturday with Pete Boyle replacing Andy Bishop, Janni Lipka in for Matt Dempsey, and James Burke in for Ryan Ellison.

Salford, as you would expect, had the opening 5 minutes of possession, moving the ball well across the back four, and playing into midfield, but Hyde are a well organised side these days, and have managed to get rid of some of the defensive frailty which has cost them over the past few seasons. On 6 minutes they broke up a Salford attack on the edge of their own box, playing forward to Sam Fiiton in midfield who moved the ball quickly out to the left wing where Kyle Brownhill looked up and delivered a deep cross perfectly on to the head of Pete Boyle who fired a bullet header across the keeper in to the Salford goals. 1-0 Hyde

The lead lasted 5 minutes. Hyde won a free kick on the half way line, but the kick was charged down and with the Hyde centre halfs in the Salford box, Salford countered at pace, and outnumbered Hyde 4-3 passing the ball into the net. 1-1

Hyde are made of strong stuff this season and didn't allow this to put them off, led by captain Adam Jones at the back, and it was Adam who restored the Tigers lead on 22 minutes rising in the middle of there Salford players to expertly head home from 8 yards. 2-1 Hyde.

Hyde now began to take the upper hand. Fitton, Lipka and Pilkington were in control of midfield and found the forward pairing of Boyle and Bevins willing runners, with great energy and movement. The midfield were also well supported by wingbacks Burke and Brownhill who got forward at every opportunity. Hyde were pressing in all areas of the pitch, using first and second man trigger points to make sure Salford were not able to settle on the ball. It was from this that they regained the ball in the centre circle through Lipka, playing the ball to Pilkington who slid in Bevins down the right. Ayrton lifted his head, and played a pinpoint pass to the left edge of the Salford box for Pete Boyle to run onto the ball and smash it low and hard under the keeper from 20 yards to make it 3-1 Hyde on 46 minutes

HT 3-1 Hyde United FC

Salford were out early for the second half, and they started with a higher press and a noticeable increase in the tempo of their play. Hyde were working extremely hard, pressing all over the pitch to deny time and space to the talented Salford players.

Salford pulled one back on 57 minutes with a well worked goal, moving the ball across the field to create space, before firing past Russ Saunders in the Hyde goal. 3-2

Darren made a number of substitutions with Adam Jones off on 70 minutes for Andy Bishop, with James Burke dropping into the back four and Fitton out to right back and the excellent Janni Lipka was replaced on 75 by Big Khamsuk. Bigs first touch of the ball was a fantastic curling shot from 25 yards which shaved the outside of the post. On 80 minutes Jamal Branker replaced Dan Pilkington and Hyde looked to see out the last ten against a Salford side who were now on the front foot looking to draw level. In the final period, Hyde looked to have run into the wall due to the work they had put in to stay in front. Salford had two or three excellent chances denied by last ditch tackles and poor finishing, but with time almost up and the three minutes injury time already showing on the board, Salford picked up the ball on the left hand side with substitute Michael Nottingham running at pace, before pulling the ball back for Jordan Hulme who fired under Saunders with a smart finish. 3-3

FT 3-3

MOM Pete Boyle for his goals and for his 93 minutes of high tempo work rate for the team.

Salford progress on penalty kicks with Salford keeper Tom Russell quickly off his line to make three smart saves.

Hyde deserve a huge amount of credit for the performance tonight. The squad worked extremely hard, with lots of positive encouragement from the senior players like Adam Jones, and the younger players running to a standstill. Pete Boyle scored two in the game, plus the only Hyde penalty to secure a hat-trick or sorts on his first start for six weeks. Adam Jones got the goal his excellent performances have deserved, and Salford had to use their benched senior players in the second half to get level with Hyde and force penalty kicks.

The recent additions to the squad have added athletic players with a desire to prove themselves, joining a squad who seem to have turned a corner, and look like they are set to become a really good side. Anyone who was at the game will agree with that I'm sure.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.