An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Tuesday 8th November 2016
Northern Premier League First Division North

Colne1Beadle (40)
Hyde United2Bishop (7), Coates (29)

Attendance: 156

Colne: Aghayere, Coleman, Pugh, J Lynch, C Lynch, Ayres, Jordan, Anderson, Hart, Beadle, Morrison. Subs: Melia, Hargreaves, Hoskin, Nangle, Morgan.

Hyde United: Russell Saunders, James Burke, Kyle Brownhill, Harry Coates, Adam M Jones, David McGurk (Brice Wassi), Sam Fitton, Matthew Dempsey, Andy Bishop, Ayrton Bevins (Pete Boyle), Phattaraphol 'Big' Khamsuk (Jamal Branker). Subs not used: Sam Leadbetter, Dylan Forth.

This was Hyde's fourth away game in a row, and with only a point picked up so far, Darren asked the boys to clear their heads, breath deep and take control of the game from start to finish. This is exactly what they did.

Hyde flew out of the blocks, and scored their first after 10 minutes. A good move had the ball out on the left with Kyle Brownhill, who's whipped cross was missed by the Colne keeper allowing Andy Bishop to side foot home. 1-0 Hyde

Two minutes later Hyde were pushing forward again allowing James Burke to get a shot away which was saved by Aghayere in the Colne goal. Hyde continued to dominate and were rewarded with their second goal when a ball into the box was punched clear by the Colne keeper, but the ball dropped invitingly to Harry Coates who calmly smashed the ball home to make it 2-0 to Hyde.

Two minutes later Hyde picked up the ball playing a threaded pass through to Big Khamsuk who ran clear before playing the ball to Sam Fitton who's shot was scrambled clear. With 10 minutes of the half remaining Dave McGurk picked up a calf injury which meant he was replaced by Brice Wassi, with Matt Dempsey dropping into the back line to replace him. Hyde again went close with another Harry Coates shot flashing just over, but Colne pulled one back, against the run of play when Beadle finished off a very good move smashing the ball home on the turn.

HT 1-2 Hyde United

The second half was a bit more scrappy, with Colne trying to get on the ball to find the equaliser, and Hyde working extremely hard to make sure they held on to the lead.

Ayrton Bevins worked hard and was replaced on 75 minutes by Pete Boyle who added some strength and organisation on the left. Big ran himself into the ground and continues to progress with each game. He was replaced by Jamal Branker on 85 minutes and Hyde managed the final 5 minutes with Colne piling on the pressure, but they saw the game through and collected the points.


Following on from Saturdays positive performance away at Farsley, this was an important win for the boys, and for Darren and his back room staff. This allows them to plan for the coming three league fixtures against Ossett Town (h) Ramsbottom United (a) and Ossett Albion (h) with some forward momentum. Time to start the climb to the top half between now and the new year as we get through half the season. We should then have a clearer picture of where we are and what we can achieve

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.