An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 25th April 2015
Conference North

Tamworth5Clarke (8), Mettam (54, 79), Styche (59), Taylor (68)
Hyde FC0

Attendance: 1024

Tamworth: Belshaw, Purdie, Sampson, James, Smith, Green (Wilkins), Davies (Thornton), Clarke, Mettam's, Styche , Jackson (Taylor). Subs Not Used:- Adams, Trainer.

Hyde FC: Ed Wilczynski, George Riley, Jack Pritchard, Josh Brizell, Perry Ng, Luke Giverin, Jake Hibbs, Andrew Pearson, Pete Boyle, Ryan Masterson, Connor Hughes. Subs not used: Adam Thurston, Erike Sousa, Lee Gregory, Kyle Brownhill, Josh Broadbent. Sent off: Ryan Masterson.

Hyde were unable to recreate the kind of performance that saw them win 4-3 at the Lamb Ground way back in November. Hyde were on the back-foot early-on after conceding in the eighth minute, however the Tigers kept the deficit at one goal until half-time, but a confident second-half performance from Tamworth ensured that they secured the final-day win.

Hyde struggled to cope with a powerful Tamworth side that missed out on the play-offs by just two-points. The Tigers' efforts were not helped with the late dismissal of Ryan Masterson, in what was a frustrating day for all of those in Hyde colours.

The game certainly had an end-of-season feel with the game lacking urgency for large parts. Tamworth opened the scoring through Shaun Clarke, before free-kicks from Leon Mettam and Reece Styche at the start of the second-half put the game beyond Hyde. The hosts further extended their lead with late goals from Connor Taylor and another from Mettam.

Tamworth had the first shot on goal on 6 minutes when Leon forced a good save from a free-kick. The strike from 25 yards out was straight at the Ed Wilczynski but the force behind the kick meant that Wilcynski was unable to hold onto it, parrying it over for a corner.

Tamworth took the lead in somewhat suprise fashion after a slow start to the game from both sides. Neat play by danger-man Mettam on the right-hand side was followed by a low, bouncing cross into the box that the imposing figure of Shane Clarke was able to meet and prod past Ed Wilcynski in the Hyde goal.

Mettam and Clarke interchanged once more ten minutes later. However, this time it was Clarke that played in Mettam with a looping volley from his own half, Mettam chased on to it and was close to getting a shot away before a good recovering tackle from George Riley.

Hyde struggled with their final ball in the opening 20 minutes, strikers Ryan Masterson and Pete Boyle saw nothing in the way of goal-scoring opportunities but they endeavoured the create chances, making runs and making themselves available.

Mettam had the next chance of the game in the 25th minute. He tried his luck again from a free-kick but from significantly further out this time, his shot went well over.

Styche had one of the half's few shots on target in the 31st minute. He won the ball following a skewed clearance from Josh Brizell, Styche cut inside and fired what was in-truth a fairly tame shot at Wilcynski, who was able to catch with ease.

Hyde won their first two corners of the game after a good spell shorty before the 40th minute-mark. Some neat interchange play had the Tamworth back-line worried enough to clear in a hurried fashion twice, the second corner fell eventually to Jake Hibbs, who drove a low shot at goal, it caused confusion but it was eventually cleared up-field.

Hyde did manage the last chance before the half-time whistle, Andy Pearson dragged a shot wide from around 30 yards.

The second-period carried on in much the same way that the first-half had finished. Neither side saw great quality in the final-third yet it was the hosts again that took the lead early on in the half.

Mettam had already demonstrated his danger from free-kicks and the 52nd minute he got his name on the score-sheet in somewhat controversial fashion. The angle looked almost impossible but Mettam sent a high curling ball into the box that eluded everyone including Wilczynski, who was unable to get anywhere near the ball. The assistant referee appeared to have his flag up, and despite a discussion between the assistant and Hyde skipper Brizell, the goal stood.
Tamworth further extended their lead in the 59th minute with another goal straight from a free-kick. There was no debate about this one, however. Styche stepped up and side-footed the ball into the top-corner from 20 yards out

Brizell had Hyde's first effort on goal in the 65th minute, he broke forward from the back and unleashed a low, bouncing effort on goal that tested James Belshaw, but he was able to catch it without too much trouble.

Substitute Connor Taylor scored within three minutes of coming on. He was able to calmly control and finish in the 68th minute, a cross from the left evaded all of the Hyde defence but Taylor was able to meet it and apply the finish.

Ryan Masterson was show his second yellow card after he had kicked the ball away following a free-kick being given against the Tigers. Masterson was frustrated all game by his lack of goal-mouth action and in the 75th minute this perhaps boiled over as he was dismissed.

Mettam bagged his second of the game in the 79th minute after good play by Styche on the left-hand side, he sent in a brilliant cross that Mettam met superbly to poke past Wilczynski.

The Tigers struggled to find a goal were not helped by Masterson's dismissal. However, neat play by Connor Hughes on the right-side was followed by a neat cross that Pete Boyle was agonisingly close to connecting with.

Hyde's final shot of the game perhaps summed up their performance this afternoon. Perry Ng fired way over from 30 yards out, clearing the stand in the process.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2024. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.