An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 7th February 2015
Conference North

Hyde FC1Boyle (82)
Boston United3Southwell (29), Jones (40), Dixon (61)

Attendance: 456

Hyde FC: Ed Wilczynski, Josh Brizell, Kyle Brownhill, Andrew Pearson, Perry Ng, Daniel Racchi, Luke Giverin, Pete Boyle, Tom Bentham (Ryan Masterson), Ben Holmes, Connor Hughes. Subs not used: Lee Gregory, Jack Pritchard, Erike Sousa, George Riley.

Boston United: Joel Dixon, Liam Marrs, Zak Mills, Carl Piergianni, Rene Steer, Kaine Felix (Michael Hollingsworth), Kyle Dixon, Grant Roberts, Nicky Walker (Marc Newsham), Dayle Southwell, Mark Jones (Massiah McDonald). Subs Not Used: Tom McNamee, Sam Vince.

Boston started the game well, looking to attack from the off, and had the first chance of the game after a dangerous ball was whipped in to Dayle Southwell, but the striker couldnít get his header on target. The Tigers had a chance of their own soon after when Pete Boyleís header looped over the bar, before the Pilgrims went close again when Southwell was played through, but his effort went just wide.
Hyde then had a period where they threatened, with their best chances coming from Connor Hughes who as usual was lively.

It looked like Hughes was in at one point until Carl Piergianni made a superb last ditch tackle to stop the Hyde winger. Boston did capitalise on their good start and it had to be Southwell who opened the scoring. The Tigers had a good attack that looked to threaten but possession was given away cheaply and Boston broke, playing the ball over the top to Southwell who skipped past challenges from Perry Ng and Andy Pearson to stroke past Ed Wilczynski and give the visitors the lead.

Kyle Dixon nearly got Bostonís second not long after with a brilliant effort from 25 yards out which whistled just past the post and into the side netting. It wasnít long until the away side did get their second though through Mark Jones on the 40th minute as Southwell latched onto a defensive error from Josh Brizell and squared it to Jones who couldnít really miss, thumping it in from 6 yards out.
The second half was more of the same with Boston dominating possession, and they seemed happy with their lead, not really pressing the Tigers who in truth looked out of questions for Boston to answer. The Pilgrims did get their third of the game and really finished the game off on the hour mark when Dixon tapped in on the goal line after a slight scramble in the Hyde box.

Wilczynski then made a couple of saves to stop the score line from getting embarrassing, but in truth Boston didnít really have to get out of first gear. A rare Hyde attack fell to Pearson of all people who skied a shot well over the bar, before the Tigers were handed a lifeline in the 82nd minute when Boyle wriggled through a few challenges to steal the ball and fire in. The Tigers were now rallying and Boyle tested Joel Dixon from long range with his shot swerving all over the place and the Boston keeper saved well. Brizell then had a shot from 30 yards out that dipped and forced another brilliant save from Dixon who tipped it onto the bar.

Unfortunately for the Tigers though it was a case of too little too late and they fell to a 3-1 defeat against a Boston side who were thoroughly professional and deserved all three points.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2024. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.