An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 15th November 2014
Conference North

Harrogate Town4Walshaw (8), McGurk (10), Rowe (37), Swain (79)
Hyde FC1Hughes (90 pen)

Attendance: 506

Harrogate Town: P. Barnes, R. Meynell, D. McGurk, L. Shiels, C. Nelthorpe, A. Nowakowski, D. Rowe (S. Lenighan), L. Turner, A. Metcalfe, J. Speight, J. Walshaw (L. Swain). Subs Not Used: M. Bloomer, P. Crook, S. Carole.

Hyde FC: Christian Thewlis, Josh Brizell, Adam Blakeman, Alex McQuade, Rhys Day, Connor Hughes, Ted Cribley, George Riley, Scott Kerr, Adam Thurston, Louis Almond. Subs not used: Steve Tames, D'Arcy O'Connor, Jordan Bove, Daniel Mukuna, Pete Boyle.

Hyde fell to a 4-1 defeat away at Harrogate Town on Saturday; two goals in the opening ten minutes set the tone for the afternoon, in a game that could have easily gone Hyde’s way on another day.

Rhys Day replaced the injured Kelvin Lomax in the heart of the defence and Josh Brizell replaced D'Arcy O’Connor at right back, which allowed George Riley to return alongside Scott Kerr in centre midfield. Debutant Ted Cribley came in the for injured Luke Giverin on the left of midfield and Adam Thurston and Louis Almond replaced Tom Bentham and Jordan Bove respectively in attack.

Hyde did not get off to the best start and were behind after only eight minutes. Scott Kerr’s woeful pass was picked up on the halfway line by Craig Nelthorpe, who darted down the left wing, beating George Riley and Rhys Day before playing in James Walshaw who from a tight angle smashed the ball past Christian Thewlis at his near post to give the hosts the lead.

Moments after Hyde had restarted the game, Thewlis was again picking the ball out of his net, a corner from Alex Metcalfe was partially cleared, but that clearance was straight to the head of captain David McGurk who powered his header past Thewlis to double Harrogate's advantage.

Hyde were keeping hold of the ball well and retaining possession. The Tigers won a free kick on the edge of the box when Connor Hughes was fouled by Ryan Meynell who subsequently receive the first yellow card of the game. Up stepped Josh Brizell and from 25 yards, his free kick went just over the bar.

Moments later, Hyde nearly got themselves back in the game when Alex McQuade escaped his marker, but mistimed his strike towards goal and ended up slicing his shot.

Hyde nearly conceded a third goal in the twenty-third minute after James Walshaw put Thewlis under pressure, resulting in the keeper dropping the ball, but somehow Waltham put the ball into the side netting.

Hyde continued to control play, trying to find that killer pass to try to get themselves back into the game and debutant Ted Cribley really should have made his chance count. A Hyde counter attack ended up with Cribley racing down the right wing, cutting inside his man with options inside the box but decided to try and go alone, and was tackled inside the box before he could get his shot away.

With eight minutes of the first half to play, Harrogate got their third goal of the game, and seemingly put the game to bed. After some quick footwork from Dominic Rowe, he beat Adam Blake, before unleashing a left footed strike from the tight side of the area into Thewlis' top corner.

Hyde made a change at half time, Jordan Bove came on to replace Adam Thurston, and straight from kick off, the Hyde players instantly went on the attack. Louis Almond almost got lucky when his cross looped over Barnes and landed on the roof of the net.

Almond then tried his luck again from distance, he cut inside onto his right foot and from the edge of the area, his shot whistled just past the far post, not long after that he had another shot from distance, but this time it was straight at Barnes.

Hyde continued to pile the pressure on the hosts and if it were not for a fantastic save from Barnes, Bove would have scored his first goal for Hyde. Connor Hughes crossed in for Almond, his header was deflected wide. From the resulting corner, Almond received the ball on the edge of the box and picked out Bove, who glanced a header towards goal and somehow Barnes clawed the ball away.

With fifteen minutes of play left, Bove was nearly played through by Kerr, but a last ditch tackle denied the striker. Then moments later Town put the game to bed when Louie Swain produced a moment of magic as he found the top corner from the left side of the area.

Hyde continued to push forward to try and get a consolation goal and in stoppage time, Steve Tames was brought down in the area. Up stepped Connor Hughes to calmly place the ball into the bottom right corner.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.