An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 27th September 2014
F.A. Cup 2nd Qualifying Round

Hyde FC4Gray (26), Hughes (28), Bentham (69, 90)
Marine5Codling (20), Foley (51), Nicholas (56), Whitehall (65), Owens (72)

Attendance: 313

Hyde FC: Billy O'Brien, Josh Brizell, Kyle Brownhill (Regan Walker), Alex McQuade, Liam Chilvers, Connor Hughes, Louis Almond, Luke Giverin, D'Arcy O'Connor (Steve Tames), Reece Gray, Tom Bentham. Subs not used: Daniel Mukuna, Rhys Day, George Riley, Will Kinder, David McNiven.

Marine: Matt Cooper, Stephen Wainwright, James Short, Andy Nicholas, Sean Hessey, Dan Fearnehough, Tom Owens, Karl Clair, Inderjeet Aujla (James Foley), Danny Whitehall (Christian Langos), Lewis Codling (John Shaw). Subs Not Used:- James Mitchison, Jonathan Goulding. John Shaw 13. John Shaw Sub On '90 James Foley 14. James Foley Sub On '45 Goal '51 James Mitchison 15. James Mitchison Jonathan Goulding 16. Jonathan Goulding Christian Langos 17. Christian Langos Sub On '73

by Liam Kelly

Hyde were defeated 4-5 at home today against Marine in the FA Cup second qualifying round at Ewen Fields.

After a poor opening twenty minutes, the Tigers found themselves a goal behind after Lewis Codling chipped keeper Billy O’Brien from close range. Hyde equalised not long after when Darcy O’Connor played through Reece Gray who like Codling at the opposite end, lifted the ball over the onrushing Matthew Cooper in goal for Marine.

Two minutes later and Hyde took the lead for the first time in the game thanks to a stunning strike form Connor Hughes. The tricky winger picked up the ball right edge of the area and rifled it into the top corner.

Hyde should have been out of sight before half time after Luke Giverin’s shot was parried, the ball landed on the head of Tom Bentham, unfortunately for the striker, his header crashed against the bar and was finally cleared.

Hyde again nearly made it 3-1 on the stroke of half time when Giverin’s corner evaded everyone but Liam Chilvers on the back post whose powerful header was destined for the goal, but Cooper was determined to keep the score at 2-1 and saved well from close range.

As the second half started, Marine where immediately on the attack and could have had a penalty in the forty-eight minute after it looked like Kyle Brownhill had handled in the area but referee Richard Wild waved away the protests.

Marine then made it 2-2 three minutes later. A Hyde corner was cleared away and Marine found themselves with three against one, as they entered the Hyde box the initial shot was saved by O’Brien, but he could only parry it the foot of substitute James Foley who tapped in from 5 yards out.

Five minutes later and Marine took the lead for the second time in the game after captain Andy Nicholas nodded in at the back post. The visitors then made it 2-4 when Daniel Whitehall scored from close range.

With just over twenty minutes to go, Hyde pulled a goal back to make it 3-4 after Reece Gray slipped in Bentham, and from 8 yards, he calmly slotted it into the bottom corner. However, Marine doubled their lead once again three minutes after Bentham’s goal, this time Thomas Owens nodding past O’Brien from 6 yards.

With ten minutes of the game to go, Hyde should have had a blatant penalty after Chilvers was strangled to the floor by a Marine defender, but again referee Richard Wild ignored the protests. Hyde did eventually pull a goal back in the ninety-third minute, but unfortunately it was too late for the Tigers as they were beaten in a game that really could have been a whole different score line if Hyde had taken their chances when they had them.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2023. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.