An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 6th September 2014
Conference North

Gloucester City1Griffin (71)
Hyde FC1Brizell (47)

Attendance: 557

Gloucester City: M. Green, S. Avery, B. Jones, M. Preece, M. Williams, A. Connolly, T. Webb, S. Wilson (M. Groves), C. Griffin, A. Mann, M. Green (C. Jones). Subs not used: E. Chamberlain, M. Richards, H. Rivers

Hyde FC: Billy O'Brien, Adam Thurston, Kyle Brownhill, Josh Brizell, Rhys Day, Connor Hughes, Jamie Menagh (Joe Conchie), D'Arcy O'Connor, Steve Tames (Adam Blakeman), Tom Bentham, Louis Almond (Regan Walker). Subs not used: Daniel Mukuna, Luke Giverin.

Hyde picked up their second point of the season after a 1-1 draw away at Gloucester City.

Hyde took the lead in the 47th minute after a quick free kick was played into the path of captain Josh Brizell, who then from the right edge of the area rifled the ball past Mike Green.

Gloucester’s equalizer came with 20 minutes of time remaining, after some good play on the wing the ball was drilled across the six yard box and there to meet it was Charlie Griffin who smashed in from close range.

Hyde started the game the better of the two teams with early efforts from Tom Bentham and Brizell testing opposition goalkeeper Green. Louis Almond nearly gave Hyde the lead after he picked up the ball on the left flank, he beat his man and cut inside onto his right foot, jinked past another Gloucester player and hit a fierce shot towards the far post, but unfortunately his shot went wide.

Hyde carried on the early pressure and in the 7th minute Almond beat his man again, cutting inside the box and ghosting in unmarked on the far side was Jamie Menagh. Almond spotted his run and played it to the on loan winger and his first time effort was destined for the back of the net but was cleared off the line by Sam Avery. Moments later and this time Tom Bentham shrugged off his man and was then hacked down inside the area but the referee was having none of it and waved play on.

After Hyde’s dominance in the opening procedures of the game, Gloucester eventually got a foothold, and won a free kick on the edge of the box, from the resulting free kick Billy Jones’ shot went straight into the wall.

Scott Wilson then had an effort from distance but it was straight at O’Brien. Gloucester the had the chance to take the lead in the 24th minute after a mix up in the middle of the park allowed Adam Mann to race through the Hyde defence, as he entered the area he had Scott Wilson in acres of space to his left, he picked him out and from the penalty spot O’Brien stood tall and saved from point blank range.

With two minutes of the first half to play Gloucester thought they had taken the lead, Mann beat his man on the left flank and picked out Griffin who nodded past O’Brien but luckily for Hyde he had strayed into an offside position. Then as the game entered the 46th minute Almond picked the ball up in the left back position, raced through the middle of the pitch shrugging off players eventually running out of steam as he reached the edge of the area as his left foot effort was blocked.

As the second half kicked off, Hyde again started on the front foot and took the lead in the 47th minute. The ball was played forward to Tames who was fouled by Williams, Hyde then got on with things quickly as the ball was played through for Brizell, and from a tight angle he rifled the ball into the roof of the net.

Gloucester almost most hit back 5 minutes later after neat play down the right, the ball fell to Jones inside the area and from 8 yards out he smashed his effort just wide. As the game neared the hour mark Hyde nearly doubled the lead. Almond who was proving to be a real menace down the left flank once again beat his man, this time chipping the ball across the face of the goal to Tames, but as he went to make contact with the ball he seemed to lose his footing and slipped resulting in putting his header wide of the post.

Minutes later Hyde again could have doubled their lead from the penalty spot. Almond again down the left flank beat his man, then nut-megged another who subsequently brought him down according to the referee. Up stepped Brizell to get his second of the game and third of the season, this after netting a penalty last week, he went the same way and keeper Green dived low to his left to deny Brizell his and Hyde’s second of the game.

Hyde were now in control of the game but confidence had taken a knock after the penalty miss, seemingly dropping deeper inviting pressure onto themselves, then Hyde again had the chance to make it 0-2. Bentham shrugged off his man and had a left footed effort which was parried away only as far as Tames who from just inside the area hit the bouncing ball first time, unfortunately failing to keep in on target as it went wide of the post once again.

Hyde should have been out of sight, but those misses went onto cost them, as in the 70th minute Griffin equalized for the hosts. Adam Mann who was looking dangerous every time he got the ball got to the by-line and drilled the ball across the goal and from all of 4 yards Griffin netted with 20 minutes to play.

Both teams looked for the winner with Gloucester coming the closest 8 minutes from time, the ball was whipped across goal towards Griffin, he then rolled it back too Mann and his thunderous effort really should’ve hit the back of the net, but instead it whizzed past the post.

Then in the final minutes of the game a long ball was played into the box and controlled expertly by Griffin, he then flicked the ball over the defenders head and struck a left footed volley towards the far post but in his way was O’Brien who tipped it behind for a corner.

The game finished 1-1 which is a good point away from home for the Tigers, however Scott will be wondering how they have not won the game after having numerous chances to kill the game off.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.