An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 30th August 2014
Conference North

Hyde FC2Tames (45), Brizell (75 pen)
Tamworth2Simmonds (16), Green (86)

Attendance: 327

Hyde FC: Billy O'Brien, Connor Hughes, Kyle Brownhill, Josh Brizell, James Ball, Adam Thurston, Jamie Menagh (Reece Gray), Steve Tames (Regan Walker), D'Arcy O'Connor, Louis Almond, Tom Bentham. Subs not used: Daniel Mukuna, Luke Giverin, Adam Hinchcliffe.

Tamworth: Belshaw, Green, Simmonds, Adams, Preston (Townsend), Sleath, Thornton, Purdie, Hibbert (Taylor), Mettam (Trainer), Jackson. Subs Not Used:- Grayson, Daniels

Match Report by Tony Spencer

Hyde grabbed their first point of the season as Tamworth scored a late equaliser to break the Tigers hearts

The game started with both sides looking sharp, with Hyde debutant Jamie Menagh looking lively down the right side, crossing in for Tom Bentham to head the ball just wide. The Lambs repeatedly tried to beat Hyde’s offside trap but the Tigers defence stood firm and caught Mettam and Hibbert offside numerous times. Hibbert had a couple of chances for the lambs, but failed to convert has he saw consecutive shots fly over keeper Billy O Brien’s goal. Tamworth took the lead through a freak goal as Donovan Simmonds raced down the line to swing a cross in which got carried by the wind and into O’Brien’s goal hitting the far post as it went in. In truth it looked like there was nothing on for Simmonds in the box and the cross seemed more in hope, but the ball carried and thudded off the far post into the goal.

Tamworth then had a shout for a penalty as Leon Mettam rounded O’Brien but the Tamworth player looked to go down easily with the referee waving away his appeal. The Lambs then had a chance to double their lead straight after as scorer Simmonds took the ball round O’Brien with the goal at his mercy, but a last ditch tackle by Kyle Brownhill denied a certain goal. Tamworth then had the ball in the net through Kayden Jackson’s superb side foot volley but the linesman gave offside which looked a tight, but correct, decision. Menagh carried on trying to make chances for the Tigers, working well with Bentham who again had a chance to get an equaliser but headed over. Right on the stroke of half time the Tigers equalized through Steven Tames after brilliant work by Bentham, who shrugged off a couple of challenges to cross the ball into Tames who nodded the ball into an empty net.

Hyde started off brilliantly in the second half with Louis Almond going close to giving the Tigers the lead, with James Belshaw saving low down to his right hand side. Tames then had a great chance denied again by Belshaw, with a curling effort that was just creeping into the keepers far corner. The Tigers were on the front foot and kept on attacking throughout the half, with Almond continuing to look threatening with the winger continuously using his trademark cut inside to his advantage and went close again with his effort going inches wide.

Hyde then continued their attack and after Captain Josh Brizell was pulled down in the box, he converted the spot kick to give the Tigers the lead as they looked for their first win of the season. The home side should have really sealed the 3 points as Bentham was fed in along the six yard box, but fired his shot just wide and Tamworth then made them pay. The Lambs had a free kick from just outside the area that hit the wall, but the ball dropped kindly for Green hit a first time shot amongst a sea of players in the box which sailed straight past O’Brien and nestled into the bottom corner.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.