An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Tuesday 9th April 2013
Conference Premier

Hyde FC1Blinkhorn (43)
Ebbsfleet United0

Attendance: 385

Hyde FC: David Carnell, David Poole, Adam Griffin, Ben Dennis, Luke Ashworth, Alex Brown, Jamie Milligan, Phil Jevons, Louis Almond, Matthew Blinkhorn (Scott Spencer), Scott Hogan. Subs not used: Ashley Frith, Robbie Williams, Shay McCartan, Chris Sedgwick. Sent off: Adam Griffin.

Ebbsfleet United: Edwards, Stone (Howe), Walsh, Gwillim (Luzardo), Saville, Phipp, Barrett, Bellamy, Carew, Marum, Elder (Ashikodi). Unused subs: Menz, Azeez.

Matty Blinkhorn scored the only goal as the Tigers bounced back from Saturdayís defeat to record a victory which, barring an amazing turnaround in results, will have proved the doubters wrong and see the Tigers play Conference Premier football for a 2nd season. Hyde also had to play the whole of the 2nd half with 10 men after having captain Adam Griffin sent off the 3rd time this season after being involved with a scuffle with Ebbsfleet Liam Bellamy.

It was the visitors, who needed a win to keep their faint survival hopes alive, who started the brighter, with Liam Enver-Marum and Nathan Elder causing problems and both had shots off target, at the other end Louis Almond had a shot well saved by Preston Edwards. Ebbsfleet then had the best chance of the game when Enver-Marumís shot crashed against the bar and into David Carnellís hands, this was to prove a turning point, as from Carnellís throw out, Hyde attacked and Almond got down the left and put in a low cross which Blinkhorn converted. Then the other main incident of the game as Bellamy and Griffin went in for a tackle, Bellamy looked to have stamped on Griffin, to which the Hyde captain retaliated and a melee ensued, after consulting with his assistant he showed Griffin a red card and oddly only a yellow for Bellamy.

Hyde went with just Blinkhorn upfront as they looked to contain their visitors but it was Hyde who had the better opportunities of the 2nd half, the first two fell to Phil Jevons the first he scuffed across goal as he went through on goal and the second chance he made well for himself drew Edwards but fired over. Almond then slalomed his way through the defence before shooting whilst off balance and firing just wide, in between this came the visitors best chance to draw level when Tom Phipp got clear but was denied by the outstretched leg of Carnell. Substitute Scott Spencer had chance to seal it when he blocked a clearance but with the goal seemingly at his mercy Edwards somehow blocked the ball with his back. Despite the 3 minutes of injury time Hyde held on comfortably and Ewen Fields erupted when the final whistle went.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.