An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 16th February 2013
Conference Premier

Hyde FC0
Kidderminster Harriers4Malbon (20, 58), Johnson (55), Pearson (66)

Attendance: 717

Hyde FC: Christopher Dilo, Josh Brizell (Tom Anderson), Adam Griffin, Kelvin Lomax, Luke Ashworth, Mark Allott (Alex Brown), Tunji Moses (Grant Spencer), Liam Tomsett, Chris Sedgwick, Phil Jevons, Shay McCartan. Subs not used: Matthew Cassidy, David Carnell.

Kidderminster Harriers: Lewis, Vaughan, Demetriou, Storer (Pilkington), Vincent, Malbon (Rowe), Johnson, Gittings, Morgan-Smith (Pearson), Dunkley, Gowling. Unused subs: Williams, Vaughan.

A brace from Anthony Malbon added to further strikes by Marvin Johnson and Greg Pearson to give Kidderminster victory, as they preyed upon an injury hit Tigers line up.

Without the in-form Scott Spencer and David Poole the hosts struggled to get into the game, while the visitors enjoyed a multitude of chances.

A Phil Jevons missed penalty towards the end of the first 45 summed up what was a difficult afternoon at Ewen Fields for Hyde.

After Marvin Johnson struck the side netting with a mis-hit cross early on, Hyde had a quick succession of corners that came to nothing in a rare foray forwards.

Johnson again had an effort on 17 minutes that Chris Dilo saved before the visitors hit the opener.

Amari Morgan-Smithís cross from the right found the unmarked Anthony Malbon, and he had the simple task of heading in to give his side the lead.

It was Johnson was was leading the charge for Kidderminster and after a shot and two crosses failed to bring a second, he put it on a plate for Morgan-Smith only for Dilo to come to the rescue.

His cross was inch perfect for Morgan Smith, however, his first time and rebound shots were both impressively kept out by a scrambling Hyde keeper.

Then came the only real chance the home side had in the entire game.

Liam Tomsettís shot hit the arm of Lee Vaughan, but from the spot Jevons saw a good save by Danny Lewis keep his clean sheet in tact.

Two further efforts fell to Kidderminster in final two minutes of the half, but Dilo denied Malbon before Johnson hit the bar in one on one to keep the score at 1-0 at the break.

After a mini charge forward at the start of the second by the hosts, and a penalty appeal which was turned down, Kidderminster managed to take their chances.

It was 2-0 on 55 minutes, Johnson cut in from the left before drilling a poweful shot past Dilo to get the goal his performance so richly deserved.

Malbon added his second three minutes later, capitalising on a poor pass by Kelvin Lomax.

Dilo managed to make two saves, but when the ball fell to the Kidderminster front-man at close range he clinically made no mistake.

Substitute Greg Pearson turned in Johnsonís cross with a little over 20 minutes left, and the away side saw out the game with no drama.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.