An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 9th February 2013
Conference Premier

Hyde FC1Spencer (90)
Macclesfield Town1Fairhurst (22)

Attendance: 1184

Hyde FC: Christopher Dilo, Josh Brizell, Adam Griffin, Luke Ashworth, Kelvin Lomax, Chris Sedgwick (Tunji Moses), David Poole, Liam Tomsett, Matthew Blinkhorn, Phil Jevons (Scott Spencer), Shay McCartan (Osayamen Osawe). Subs not used: Mark Allott, Tom Anderson.

Macclesfield Town: Taylor, Jackson, Mackreth, Barnes-Homer, Winn, Wedgbury, Kissock, Fairhurst (McDonald), Kasim, Martin, Diagne. Unused subs: Braham-Barrett, Evans, Gorman, Mills

A stunning free kick from Scott Spencer cancelled out Wade Fairhurst’s first half opener, as Hyde rescued a draw and stopped the rot of defeats that had stretched to five.

After an early dart by Shay McCartan, Matthew Barnes-Homer just couldn’t get his head to a free-kick before Phil Jevons had the games first effort on target.

Hyde worked the ball well around the edge of the box but the visitors closed down quickly,with Jevons forced into a rather tame effort that Rhys Taylor got down to quickly gather.

Macclesfield’s first effort on target allowed Dilo to show off his shot stopping skills to deny Barnes-Homer.

Ryan Jackson played in Jack Mackreth and the right winger cut inside and whipped in a low cross, The Silkmen’s Captain shot first time but on loan Dilo got down to produce a great save.

After Luke Ashworth barged his way forward on 19 minutes only to be intercepted on the edge of the box, Macclesfield’s defence held firm and Hyde struggled to make any real impression going forward.

They took the lead on 22 minutes; Dilo came off his line but was beat to it by Barnes-Homer, he flicked the ball into the box and Wade Fairhurst had the simpliest of cushioned headers to give his side the lead.

Following this opener the away side looked composed and confident, with another chance falling their way just after the half hour mark.

Jackson again did well to get past Adam Griffin on the right, his cross was met by Barnes-Homer but his attempted flick back was blocked and the hosts cleared.

Macclesfield saw out the half, but Hyde started the second the much better of the two sides.

On 51 minutes an equaliser was very nearly found, Chris Sedgwick’s cross was met by Matthew Blinkhorn but his header was cleared off the line.

Just before the hour mark the lead was almost doubled, Mackreth’s cross/shot was well kept out by Dilo before the cut back was cleared.

After Taylor gathered a Griffin cross with Spencer lurking, the visitors went about settiing up another chance.

John Paul Kissock found Peter Winn who gathered on the left flank, he proceeded to cut inside and hit a shot that was saved.

With 72 minutes on the clock McCartan played Spencer out wide, he crossed for Blinkhorn but he could only head over.

Moments before we entered the final 10 minutes, both sides had chances.

Liam Tomsett hit a half volley from outside the area that was gathered, before Kissock should have put the game beyond doubt.

Fairhurst did well on the right before finding his team mate in the box, he crafted space and with the goal gaping fired harmlessly wide.

Spencer produced a good turn and left footed shot that Taylor kept out with a little less than ten minutes remaining, before he hit the equaliser as we entered the 90 minute mark.

With a free kick in a good area, the England international arrowed it in off the underside of the bar.

Macclesfield pushed late on, but Hyde managed to hold on for the draw.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.