An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Tuesday 1st January 2013
Conference Premier

Hyde FC0
Stockport County1Jennings (60)

Attendance: 2540

Hyde FC: David Carnell, Josh Brizell, Adam Griffin, Kelvin Lomax, Luke Ashworth, Liam Tomsett, Alex Brown, Chris Sedgwick (Callum Byrne), Scott Spencer, Matthew Blinkhorn (Phil Jevons), Ryan Crowther (David Poole). Subs not used: Ben Dennis, Matthew Harris.

Stockport County: Ormson, Connor, Tunnicliffe, Whitehead (Hobson), Kenyon, Collins (Sheridan), Brownhill, Nolan, Fagbola, Mainwaring, Jennings. Unused subs: Smith, O’Donnell, Hattersley.

Connor Jennings proved to be the match winner as Hyde slipped to defeat.

The visitors came out a much improved side to the one that was witnessed on Boxing Day, and had an effort that went just over courtesy of Jon Nolan in the first minute.

A Hyde breakaway moments later almost yielded reward but Alex Brown couldn’t quite convert Matthew Blinkhorn’s cross, before Ryan Crowther played Scott Spencer in but the England striker mis-cued.

Stockport’s best chance of the half came less that a minute afterwards; a quick, incisive move down the left saw a cross come in and a shot hit that just struck Adam Griffin and was cleared.

Anywhere else apart from right at the Hyde left-back and the deadlock would certainly have been broken.

When Ian Ormson sliced a clearance on 12 minutes Blinkhorn couldn’t quite capitalise, before Kyle Brownhill rode the challenges but shot wide upon entering the box.

It was a very end to end game, but from here on in the better chances fell the way of the hosts.

Spencer found himself through one on one but Ormson saved on 17 minutes, with the rebound falling to Brown and Jordan Fagbola managing to get a block in.

At the mid-way point Crowther, who was the focal point of the Hyde attacks until being replaced on 37 minutes, produced another chance, this time charging down the left and passing to Spencer but the keeper took advantage of a heavy touch to collect.

The final chance of the half also fell to Hyde, Griffin’s corner was headed back across goal by Luke Ashworth and wouldn’t fall kindly, and when it came back to the Captain his smashed effort was kept out.

It was the home side that started the better in the second half, with Spencer having an early sighter from distance saved.

A minute later Griffin’s cross was headed back across goal by Brown, with the defence clearing it for a corner that eventually came for David Poole.

His shot from distance seemed to move in the air and was well kept out by Ormson.

On 53 minutes Jennings found himself in space in the box but the ball wouldn’t fall, and Collins hit a shot from distance that Carnell parried and the defence managed to clear up.

This sparked a swift Hyde break that eventually fell to Brown in the box, but his tame effort was easily gathered.

On the hour mark came the goals only goal, following an Alex Kenyon shot that Carnell did well to turn round the post.

From the resulting corner, however, Jennings managed to hit a looping header that evaded everyone.

From here on in the hosts seemed in control of the game, with their defence in particular looking comfortable.

The same man had another chance on 73 minutes after Josh Brizell’s slip, but his shot sailed over.

Apart from a frantic last few minutes, that was it in terms of chances.

Late on Griffin hit a great cross that evaded everyone, while Poole and Spencer combined to set up Brown for a shot that was saved.

At the other end it was Jennings again in the thick of action, doing well to carve an opening before slicing wide.

In the end though it was the travelling fans that went home happy, just like Boxing Day.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.