An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 8th December 2012
Conference Premier

Hyde FC2Poole (55), Spencer (66)
AFC Telford United1Leslie (36)

Attendance: 523

Hyde FC: David Carnell, Kelvin Lomax, Adam Griffin, Ben Dennis (Josh Brizell), Luke Ashworth, Alex Brown, David Poole (Ryan Crowther), Chris Sedgwick, Scott Spencer, Matthew Blinkhorn (Tunji Moses), Liam Tomsett. Subs not used: Stefan Cox, Matthew Harris.

AFC Telford United: Young, Salmon, Valentine, Preston, Rooney (Davies), Trainer (Brown), Sharp (St Aimie), Jones, Spray, Leslie, Rose. Unused subs: Wylde, Collister.

David Poole and Scott Spencer helped the Tigers fight back from a goal down to earn victory over Telford.

It started in a slow manor, and that is how it remained for the rest of the opening 45 minutes.

The first chance fell to the visitors on nine minutes, but Steve Jones couldn’t quite find his range.

It came courtesy of incisive play from Chris Sharp who momentarily found himself through one on one, only for Ben Dennis and Adam Griffin to recover and force him wide.

He passed to Jones, who took a touch and tried curling the ball into the corner but it drifted narrowly over.

For most of the half both sides seemed devoid of any real ideas around the box, the visitors were reduced to poor long range efforts while the hosts attacking play broke down at the crucial moment.

Just after the half hour, though, Hyde were almost gifted the opener courtesy of Ryan Young in the opposition goal.

Liam Tomsett’s seemingly comfortable effort from distance was spilled, but it fell just past the post for a corner that came to nothing.

Four minutes later and the opener was found, with Leslie this time finding the net.

With the ball fired into the box he capitalised on a heavy touch, to take control and calmly finished low past Carnell who could do nothing about it.

A minute later it was almost 2-0, Jones beating the offisde trap out on the right before attempting a cross that Carnell reacted sharply to and cleared.

In what seems typical fashion at Ewen Fields, the game sprung into life after the break.

A Kelvin Lomax cross found Matthew Blinkhorn early on but he could only direct it wide; five minutes later the equaliser was found.

Alex Brown played a wonderful ball to the on-running David Poole, who pulled the ball across the keeper to finish in style.

Three minutes later, and with help from a slip at the back, Telford should have regained their lead.

Leslie charged through to Carnell, but somehow managed to shoot wide.

The same man then had another half chance just after the hour mark after Nathan Rooney’s effort was palmed out, however, it was just too high for the front man to make any real connection with the header.

Immediately following this Hyde marched up the other end, with Spencer involved in the games major talking point.

Young came charging off his line and brought down the England international who was charging through, but despite being last man the referee saw fit to only issue a yellow card.

A matter of moments later Spencer struck a superb winner.

Receiving Griffin’s pass he twisted and turned on the edge of box, before striking the ball into the corner with the keeper grounded to the spot.

Ryan Crowther came off the bench to hit a stinging shot late on which was well tipped over, while Telford tried to push forward with the game drifting away.

It stayed at 2-1, however, and Hyde continue their climb up the table.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2024. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.