An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 24th November 2012
F.A. Trophy 1st Round

Hyde FC1Brown (11)
Barrow1Flynn (90)

Attendance: 438

Hyde FC: Christopher Dilo, Josh Brizell, Kelvin Lomax, Luke Ashworth (Matthew Cassidy), Robbie Williams, Tunji Moses, Alex Brown, Chris Sedgwick, Scott Spencer, Matthew Blinkhorn, David Poole (Phil Jevons). Subs not used: Callum Byrne, Liam Tomsett, Matthew Harris.

Barrow: Hurst, Flynn, Hessey, Pearson, Aldred, Baker, Harvey, Hunter (McConville), Boyes, Jackson (Skelton), Almond. Unused subs: Pearson, Rutherford, Byrne.

A last minute Matt Flynn equaliser ensures an FA Trophy first round replay at Barrow on Tuesday night.

Despite starting fairly brightly the visitors quickly flickered out.

After a Gary Hunter header on five minutes was well kept out by Chris Dilo, they were largely restricted to some rather wild long range efforts.

Hyde moved to quash their visitors, and did so through Matt Blinkhorn who swung in a number of terrific crosses in the opening stages.

It was through this outlet that the opener was struck as he found the on rushing Poole in the Barrow area.

However after he got the ball stuck under his feet, he managed to flick it up to Alex Brown who headed in.

Six minutes later and some good work from Scott Spencer was almost rewarded with the games second.

The England striker received the ball on the left from Josh Brizell, stayed on his feet under a clumsy challenge in the box and fired a shot that was turned round at the near post.

On the half way point Barrow tried to impose themselves on the game once again, but in doing so found themselves open at the back.

Tunji Moses won the ball with a great tackle and Hyde broke; Brown charged towards goal but elected not to shoot and passed to Chris Sedgwick who shot wide.

David Poole had his sides last chance of the half forcing a one handed save from Hurst, before Dilo kept out Joe Jackson who was in one on one.

The second half started with a chance for both sides, but in the second 45 minutes efforts at goal were at a premium.

Firslty it was Moses crossing for Brown whose shot deflected wide, before Louis Almond did well in the Hyde box before pulling his left footed effort across goal and wide.

Just after the hour mark a Matthew Cassidy cross was collected by Brown at the back post, but he delayed his shot just enough for Barrow to recover and see out the danger.

The only talking points until the dying embers were of a yellow card for Moses for a rash lunge and a similar challenge on Poole that went unpunished, before injuries forced both he and Luke Ashworth to join those already sidelined.

As the game entered 80 minutes Barrow turned up the pressure, and an equaliser seemed inevitable.

After hitting the bar and post and seeing a terrific cross fly right across the face of the goal, they duly delivered in the 90th minute.

Matt Flynn letting fly from distance and not even Dilo could do anything to keep it out.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2023. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.