An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Tuesday 6th November 2012
Conference Premier

Hyde FC3Brown (4, 67), Crowther (17)
Grimsby Town2Hannah (45, 53)

Attendance: 822

Hyde FC: Ashley Frith, Josh Brizell, Adam Griffin, Ben Dennis, Luke Ashworth, Alex Brown, Liam Tomsett, Matthew Cassidy (Tunji Moses), Scott Spencer (Stefan Cox), Matthew Blinkhorn (David Poole), Ryan Crowther. Subs not used: Callum Byrne, Robbie Williams.

Grimsby Town: McKeown, Thomas, Niven (Thanoj), Pearson, Colbeck, Disley, Cook (Pearson), Wood (Southwell), Pond, Hannah, Marshall. Unused subs: Miller, Artus

An Alex Brown double coupled with a Ryan Crowther strike were enough to earn Hyde victory, and in the process end Grimsby’s unbeaten away record.

The game’s opener came early on and from a hopeful ball in to the box, and a lucky nick to divert it goalwards.

It was Ryan Crowther who created space for himself on the left before floating in ball that James McKeown seemed in charge of, but he didn’t gather fully and it came off the on-rushing Alex Brown and crossed the line.

Four minutes later Andy Cook manged to nip in ahead of Ashley Frith who had charged out of his goal, but after going wide his cross drifted halmlessly wide.

Following this Hyde set up more pressure that eventually led to the lead being doubled.

Firstly Spencer shot wide after finding himself through on goal following some pin ball in the Grimsby box, before unfortunately chipping marginally over moments later.

Crowther then took advantage of a defensive lapse, withBradley Wood failing to clear a low cross put in to the box, and he capaitalised to make it 2-0.

For 20 minutes the game descended into a midfield battle, with the visitors applying a little pressure towards the end of the first half.

Firstly Ross Hannah was denied by Frith who rushed quickly off his line, and Joe Colbeck whipped in a terrific ball but no one was hand to turn it goalwards.

On the stroke of half-time though Hannah again found himself through on goal and forced wide by Frith, but this time he fired in a shot that halved his sides deficit.

After the restart it was the visitors who seized the initiative, and within eight minutes they drew level.

From a corner the ball was headed back across goal, with Hannah was on hand to head past Frith.

Following this Andy Cook found himself one on one but fired wide, Criag Disley managed to somehow get through before having the same end product and Frith saved well from Andi Thonoj.

After weathering this mini storm, however, Hyde hit back and regained the lead.

Brown receiving the ball on the edge of the box and firing a shot that deflected past the hapless McKeown.

As the game wore on both sides forced chances, but the scoreline crucially remained the same.

Firstly it was Spencer who received David Poole’s dinked pass and shot over, with Colbeck having the same result at the other end.

The same man then hit a cross in Hannah’s direction in the 90th minute but he couldn’t quite get his head to it, and with the game rolling on Crowther’s run and cross almost crept in, but Stefan Cox couldn’t make the required contact.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.