An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 13th October 2012
Conference Premier

Hyde FC2Jevons (54, 75 pen)
Tamworth1Kelly (31)

Attendance: 657

Hyde FC: David Carnell, Josh Brizell, Adam Griffin, Kelvin Lomax, Luke Ashworth, Alex Brown, David Poole (Tunji Moses), Liam Tomsett, Scott Spencer, Phil Jevons (Matthew Blinkhorn), Ryan Crowther. Subs not used: Callum Byrne, Stefan Cox, Andrew Pearson.

Tamworth: Breedan, Tait, Kelly, Marshall, Cunnington, Hendrie, Wright, Courtney, Till, Oji, Taylor (Barrow). Unused subs: Gudger, James, Collins, Belford.

A Phil Jevons double ensured Hyde earned their second win of the Conference Premier, after coming back from a goal down.

Marcus Kelly gave Tamworth the lead just after the half hour mark, before the Tigers produced a second half fight back to take all three points.

Up until that opening goal the visitors had really struggled to impose themselves on the game, with Hyde creating plenty of chances but crucially not beating Tony Breeden.

The first sight of goal was crafted by Ryan Crowther, he darted down the left before playing a neat one two with Phil Jevons but the shot sailed across goal and wide.

Two minutes later he combined well with Scott Spencer whose shot was blocked, before a probing pass from Adam Griffin was well cut out.

On 14 minutes Hyde came excruciatingly close to finding the opener, but Spencer could only nod Crowther’s corner onto the bar.

This coming a short time before Alex Brown danced through the visitors defence but had his shot blocked, with Crowther having his effort on the rebound cleared off the line.

It was again Crowther who was involved in a contentious issue before Tamworth took the lead.

Griffin playing a ball down the left for him to chase and with Sam Oji trying to shephard the ball out he nicked in to win possession, and upon charging into the box was seemingly fouled.

Nothing was given, however, and Tamworth went down the other end, with Lee Hendrie playing a ball over the top for Marcus Kelly to run onto and knock over Carnell.

The lead was nearly doubled two minutes later, but the Hyde keeper smartly saved Tommy Wright’s flick on.

Before the break there was one final chance for the home side, but Jevons could only head Griffin’s swinging cross wide of the goal.

After the break Hyde again began to impose themselves , and got their reward in the 54th minute.

Spencer did well to retain possession in a battle with the visitors defence, and off loaded to Jevons who hit a wonderful first time strike that left Breeden with no chance.

Heeding the warning Tamworth began to fight back, Adam Cunnington charging through on goal before tamely hitting his shot well wide.

Just after the hour mark another chance fell their way, Hendrie taking a touch before hitting a shot that clattered the bar.

With 15 minutes left, however, the hosts took the lead that their play richly deserved.

Spencer being fouled in the box, and Jevons stepping up to calmly slot away the penalty.

A minute later Spencer nearly caught the keeper napping when his shot forced a panicked save, before the visitors set about trying to earn themselves at least a point.

Firstly through Tommy Wright who had the goal at his mercy but somehow fired wide of the far post, and then Kelly who’s free kick in the dying moments drifted marginally wide.

Hyde now move onto Monday’s away day at Maine Road in the Manchester Premier Cup, before hosting Harrogate Town next Saturday in the FA Cup fourth qualifying round.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.