An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 6th October 2012
Conference Premier

Hyde FC1Spencer (6)
Gateshead1Gillies (35)

Attendance: 470

Hyde FC: Ashley Frith, Josh Brizell, Kelvin Lomax, Ben Dennis (Andrew Pearson), Luke Ashworth, Alex Brown, Callum Byrne (Ryan Crowther), Liam Tomsett, David Poole, Scott Spencer, Phil Jevons (Stefan Cox). Subs not used: Matthew Cassidy, Tunji Moses.

Gateshead: Bartlett, Wilson, Boyle (Cummins), Chandler, Curtis, Bush, Gillies, Turnbull, McGorrigan (Brown), Odubade, Donaldson (Fisher). Unused subs: Marwood, Nixon

Scott Spencer’s early strike wasn’t enough to earn Hyde all three points, with a great Josh Gilies effort earning a point for Gateshead.

It was something of a frenetic start, with the visitors seizing the initiative and almost taking the lead in the first minute.

Yemi Odubade finding space and heading towards goal, only for Ashley Frith to perform a brilliant finger tip save to keep the scores level.

Three minutes later and another chance fell the way of Gateshead, Gillies doing well down the left before cutting in and finding Ryan McGorrigan.

He stuttered on the ball, however, and allowed Frith to get down and block the shot, before Kelvin Lomax had to clear the follow up off the line.

It was Hyde who took the lead though, Scott Spencer firing a harmless shot at Adam Bartlett who allowed the ball to wriggle underneath him.

Following a Chris Bush header that went just over, the hosts had a chance to double the lead.

Phil Jevons winning a penalty, but Spencer seeing his shot kept out by Bartlett’s low dive.

On 25 minutes Hyde had three efforts at goal in the space of a minute, firstly from Spencer who’s shot was turned round for a corner.

From it Alex Brown rose but saw his header deflected round the post, before having another go which was cleared off the line.

Ten minutes later and it was level, Gillies cutting inside and firing an unstoppable shot across Frith and into the top corner.

Just before the break Gateshead almost took the lead, but James Curtis’ headed attempt came back off the bar.

In the second period the visitors began to dominate, but were denied time after time by Frith who put in a stunning performance.

In the 50th minute Gillies drifted in a corner which was met by substitute James Brown but his point blank header was smartly saved.

Just before the hour mark Hyde ventured forward, Spencer clipping the ball over the defence to Jevons who cut back for Poole but his shot flew narrowly wide.

In the next ten minutes the Hyde keeper was called upon on numerous occasions, but he was on hand to frustrate the opposition each time.

Pulling off saves to deny Phil Turnbull, Gillies and Donaldson, with the hosts also fortunate to have survived a goal mouth scramble.

With a little over ten minutes left Hyde had their best chance of the half, Spencer playing in Ryan Crowther one one one but his shot trickled wide.

Hyde move on to Kidderminster on tuesday, before a 6.30pm kick off at Ewen Fields next Saturday against Tamworth on non league day.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.