An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 22nd September 2012
Conference Premier

Hyde FC2Griffin (19), Jevons (65)
Nuneaton Town2York (73, 74)

Attendance: 585

Hyde FC: David Carnell, Josh Brizell, Adam Griffin, Andrew Pearson, Luke Ashworth (Ben Dennis), Alex Brown, Ryan Crowther (David Poole), Liam Tomsett, Scott Spencer, Phil Jevons, Stefan Cox. Subs not used: Callum Byrne, Matthew Cassidy, Matthew Blinkhorn.

Nuneaton Town: Collett, Gordon, Forsdick, Cowan, Dean, Armson, Sleath (York), Walker, Brown, Perry, Adams (Patterson). Unused subs: O’Halloran, Thompson-Brown, Ford.

Hyde slipped to a 2-2 draw at home to Nuneaton Town, after seemingly cruising to victory when 2-0 up with less than twenty minutes left.

An Adam Griffin thunderbolt was added to by a Phil Jevons tap in, but Wesley York’s brace inside a minute cancelled them out.

The visitors started the better of the two sides, but despite all the possession they enjoyed no real chances were brought about.

Hyde were on the back foot for much of the opening exchanges, but Dave Carnell remained untested.

It wasn’t until the 22nd minute that the games first half chance came about, and it was after a great flowing move down the left.

Stefan Cox and Phil Jevons were both involved, before the ball found Ryan Crowther who cut inside but fired a shot just wide of Neil Collett’s post.

One minute later and the hosts had the lead; Adam Griffin’s 35 yard thunderbolt finding the back of the net.

It was almost two just four minutes after the opener, with Cox’s cross just evading Crowther.

Nuneaton only had one real chance to talk about in the first period, but Kyle Perry hashed his effort horribly wide after slipping when seemingly in one on one.

With five minutes left until the break Josh Brizell found Spencer down the right, but his centre couldn’t be turned goalwards by a stretching Jevons and it remained 1-0 at half time.

After the break Crowther’s headed effort was saved early on, before Carnell recovered following some confusion at the back.

Nuneaton almost found an equaliser just after the hour mark, Simon Forsdick did well to force a cross from the left but Perry could only fire over when turning on the volley.

Two minutes later and the lead was doubled, Alex Brown chipped in a wonderful cross for Jevons to knock in at the back post.

On 67 minutes another chance fell to the visitors but Armson could only tamely shoot at the keeper, before Gareth Dean brought down Liam Tomsett and was a touch fortunate to escape without a second yellow.

With just 17 minutes remaining what looked unlikely to happen most of the game happened twice in a minute, with Wesley York putting his side back on level terms inside one minute.

Firstly he provided a very tidy finish when in one on one, and then capitalised on some lax marking at the back to fire past Carnell.

Hyde piled bodies forward late on but couldn’t find a winner.

Spencer went down in the box with one minute remaining but nothing was given, before a scramble in the box following a Brizell free kick in the final minute couldn’t be turned goalwards.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.