An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 21st October 2000
Northern Premier League Premier Division

Spennymoor United3Jones (20), Leonard (37), Bennett (65)
Hyde United0

Attendance: 137

Spennymoor United: John Jackson, Mark Wheldon, Chris Leonard, Rob Jones, David Andison, Matty Sowden, Jon King, Craig Veart, Lee Bennett, Paul Zand, Andy Swailwell. Subs: Ross Foreman, Matthew Cook, Michael Carter.

Hyde United: Graham Bennett, Gus Wilson, Paul Robertson, Mark Beeston, Paul Taylor, Peter Band (Steve Tobin), Matty Taylor, Neil Hall, Simon Yeo, Lee Wilkinson (Gavin Salmon), Jody Banim (Steve Smith)

Where do I even start with this one? The first twenty minutes of play were excellent from Hyde, good passing and a couple of chances, the question was when the goal would come not if. Jody Banim went close with a dipping shot that just cleared the angle of the goal and then his chip over Spennymoor goalkeeper John Jackson also just cleared the crossbar. Suddenly the home side get a corner on 20 minutes and towering centre-half Rob Jones scores with a header. Ok you think, this will get them going now....Nope. 37 minutes, the back line stands still with their arms in the air, Chris Leonard doesn't stand still and knocks the ball around Graham Bennett for the second with the defence still on the half way line. Simon Yeo then had two chances, his first was a glancing header from Hall's corner which strayed wide and his second was a shot from 18 yards which Jackson saved easily after Yeo got between two defenders. Spenny's Lee Bennett had a chance when he bustled Beeston off the ball but could only steer his effort wide of the post. In the second half Hyde probably got worse if anything, a lack of ideas was the most worrying aspect of the game, that along with our persistance in knocking the ball over the top when Spennymoor's back four are all 6 foot plus. A run by Lee Bennett gave a chance to Paul Zand but the striker failed to find the target with just his namesake to beat. On 65 minutes the game became dead when The Moors netted their third, Mark Beeston failed to clear and Lee Bennett rifled home from around twelve yards. Matty Taylor summed up the whole game in the final minute when, with just Jackson to beat he scooped his effort high & wide.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.