An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Monday 14th November 2011
Conference North

Hinckley United0
Hyde FC0

Attendance: 365

Hinckley United: Haystead (Joyce), Oddy, Dudley, Lavery, Raglan, Belcher, Kerry (Holt), Gooding, Gray, Newton, Byrne.

Hyde FC: David Carnell, Joel Richardson (Josh Brizell), Adam Griffin, Andrew Pearson, Danny Hall, David Birch, Chris Worsley, Callum Byrne (Sean Williams), Tom Fisher, Danny Broadbent, Shelton Payne (David Poole). Subs not used: Nathan Martin, Tunji Moses.

Hyde went 3 points clear at the top on a cold Monday night in the Midlands, but will no doubt be disappointed after Hinckley played 65 minutes with young centre forward Jacob Joyce in goal.

Hyde appeared in their new white kit, and made 2 changes from the team who beat Boston United on Saturday, with Chris Worsley and Joel Richardson coming in to replace Tunji Moses and the injured Gianluca Havern.

It took a while for both teams to get going, but Shelton Payne landed himself one-on-one with goalkeeper Dan Haystead following an inspired quick free-kick from Danny Broadbent. Haystead dashed out of his net to deny Payne, but in the process collided with him, resulting in a break for the stoppage.

Danny Newton headed wide following a worked free-kick from Hinckley on the edge of the Hyde area. Hyde then thought they had taken the lead a minute later when Broadbent put the ball into the net following a superb pass from Adam Griffin which left the Hinckley defence wrong footed. However, it was ruled out for offside, a decision which looked marginal. This was the last action for Haystead who went off with a broken arm to be replaced by Joyce.

Hinckley then started to get on top for the rest of the half, with Tom Byrne firing wide from a free-kick, and Joel Richardson’s slow reaction left Newton one-on-one with Carnell, which fizzled over the bar. Dave Birch found himself in a good position, but could only shoot into the side netting from a narrow angle on the right.

The second half started slowly for the Tigers again, with Josh Brizell coming on for Richardson to make his debut. Shelton Payne nearly paid the penalty for passing straight to Andre Gray in a dangerous area, but Byrne could only put it wide from the resultant cross.

Then a sudden burst of speed from Broadbent saw him outpace Mark Dudley but should have done better when his shot went into the side netting. Hyde started to get on top at the hosts began to tire, with substitute David Poole having some good chances in the last 15 minutes, putting the ball wide after a cross from Broadbent caused havoc in the Hinckley defence, who failed to clear the ball. However, the Tigers failed to test the substitute keeper in the closing stages as Hinckley’s resolute defending proved difficult to break down.

Shortly after Broadbent’s weak injury time header from a nice Poole cross went into Joyce’s relieved hands, the final whistle went to scenes of jubilation from the home fans who were ecstatic with a point. As for Hyde, they will no doubt curse their lack of composure in front of goal and will see it as 2 points lost, but can take solace from the fact they have now gone 5 games without conceding after a defensive masterclass from Andy Pearson and Danny Hall at the back.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.