An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 22nd October 2011
Conference North

Guiseley2Ellington (44), Allott (88)
Hyde FC0

Attendance: 789

Guiseley: Not available

Hyde FC: David Carnell, Andrew Pearson (Mike Aspin), Adam Griffin, Danny Hall, Gianluca Havern, David Birch, Chris Worsley (Matthew Berkeley), Callum Byrne (Tunji Moses), Danny Broadbent, Scott Spencer, Ryan Crowther. Subs not used: Joel Richardson, Nathan Martin.

Hyde fell to their first league defeat of the season as they lost to Guiseley.

The first 30 minutes were pretty uneventful, although Callum Byrne tested Steven Drench with a 25-yarder which he held onto well.

Gavin Rothery tricked his way in and had his first shot blocked by Adam Griffin and then David Carnell saved the follow-up.

Chris Worsley was upended in the box but the referee waved play on. Worsley then had a volley just wide as Hyde started to get on top but it was Guiseley who went in at half-time in the lead – Adam Griffin gave the ball away and Simon Clarke put in a great cross which former Stalybridge striker Lee Ellington headed in.

There was a delay of 10 minutes to the second half as the referee, Anthony Backhouse, was struggling with illness, so Scott Taylor took over in the middle and the referees’ assessor, former Premier League referee Eddie Wolstenholme, took over on the line.

Hyde immediately put themselves in a danger when an underhit pass back from Andy Pearson wasn’t punished by Kevin Gall who shot wide.

Gall missed another good chance after good work from Rothery down the right found him but he blazed the cutback horribly over with the goal gaping.

Hyde also another good penalty shout turned down when Adam Griffin’s shot appeared to be handled by Danny Boshell in the area, but the appeals were waved away.

As Hyde pushed forward they were leaving gaps at the back and Guiseley had chances in the latter stages, with Carnell making excellent saves to deny Ellington and substitute Gavin Allott.

Ellington also missed the target after being put through on-on-one, but it was Allott who sealed the points in the last minute – he looked offside as he latched onto a long ball forward, but made no mistake to see Hyde leave Yorkshire with nothing.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.