An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 3rd September 2011
Conference North

Hyde FC3Crowther (13), Broadbent (45), Berkeley (90 pen)
Harrogate Town2Brayson (6), Nowakowski (18)

Attendance: 615

Hyde FC: David Carnell, Mike Aspin (Danny Hall), Adam Griffin, Andrew Pearson, Brett Renshaw, David Birch, Chris Worsley, Callum Byrne, Matthew Berkeley, Danny Broadbent (Mike Whitwell), Ryan Crowther. Subs not used: Luke Mack, Rory Fallon, Adam Birchall.

Harrogate Town: Cook, Wright, Radcliffe, Nowakowski, Picton, Heckingbottom (Elam), Bore, Wilson , Brayson, Hassan (Hardy), Turnbull. Subs not used:- Bloomer, Pell.

Hyde maintained their winning run at the top of the table, and made it 7 wins out of 7, thanks to an injury time penalty from Matthew Berkeley.
The fans were treated to a great spectacle which gave a great advert to fans on Non-League Day.  

Hyde manager Gary Lowe received his Manager of the Month award before the match from Conference Chief Executive Brian Strudwick.   

It was looking like a curse after 7 minutes, when Paul Brayson was put through and he calmly lobbed David Carnell to give the visitors the lead.  Hyde responded just 6 minutes later when Ryan Crowther ran at the Harrogate defence and cut inside before curling his shot into the top right hand corner giving Mark Cook in the Harrogate goal no chance. 

No sooner had the celebrations died down when Harrogate retook the lead Hyde’s defence was caught ball watching and Adam Nowakowski blasted the ball home.    

Hyde were struggling to get into the game and Carnell had to make a great save from Bore after he ran through and bore down on goal. 

This miss was to prove costly as in 1st half injury time a flowing Hyde move ended as Danny Broadbent blasted the ball past Cook to bring the scores level. 

Hyde came out with renewed vigour in the 2nd half and came at Harrogate who seemed happy to sit back for a point, Callum Byrne had a weaving run and a rasping shot just over.  

Liam Hardy thought he had put the visitors back ahead but saw the assistant referee’s flag halt his celebrations.  The game was getting niggly by now not helped by referee Peter Wright who let a few rash challenges go unpunished including a late tackle from Lee Elam which left Mike Aspin being carried off on a stretcher.  

Hardy was denied again this time by a combination of Andrew Pearson and David Carnell.  5 minutes injury time was signalled and it was in the 2nd of these when a clumsy push on Chris Worsley saw Mr Wright point to the spot Matthew Berkeley coolly stepped up to fire home the penalty to spark wild celebrations amongst the crowd.

Afterwards Gary Lowe said "1st half we weren’t at the races, but the 2nd equaliser right on half time gave us a lift and we came out 2nd half and were outstanding for 25 minutes and we showed great character, especially with the young lads we have, to come back and win the game."

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.