An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 30th October 2010
Conference North

Vauxhall Motors3Nicholas (12, 90), Noone (81)
Hyde FC2Whalley (4), Holsgrove (63)

Attendance: 210

Vauxhall Motors: Tynan, Noone, Dames (Grice 90), Taylor, Nicholas, Mannix, Mahon, Prince, Anoruo, Wilson, Brown (King 75) Subs not used: Smith, Mboa, Ritchie

Hyde FC: Russell Saunders, Dean Stott, Andrew Smart, Steve Halford, Chris Lynch (Greg Traynor), Kevin Holsgrove, Mark Lees, Matty Burke, Dale Johnson (Scott Mooney), Shaun Whalley, Tom Manship. Subs not used: Ben Morris, Chris Rimmer, Lee Rick.

For the second time in a week Hyde contrived to concede an injury time goal and finish with nothing in a game they again should have won. However it is now five straight league defeats in a row for the Tigers with thirteen goals conceded, so the alarm bells are certainly ringing around Ewen Fields.

The result of this game probably hinged on a crucial controversial decision from referee Mr Madine. With nine minutes remaining and after Vauxhall had just equalised, Shaun Whalley burst into the penalty area and was seemingly fouled by goalkeeper Scott Tynan. The only decision for the referee was red or yellow for the ‘keeper. Amazingly the referee booked Whalley for ‘diving’ and as it was his second yellow he was sent off. The ‘keeper required lengthy treatment which seemingly confirmed contact had been made.

Hyde still had a couple of chances for a winner, but then a needless free-kick near the touchline in injury time was given away and up popped Andy Nicholas to head his second goal of the game. All three Vauxhall goals came as a result of poor defending at set pieces,

All looked to be going well for Hyde when Whalley put them in front after just four minutes with an excellently taken goal. He tricked his way into the area and despite being fouled stayed on his feet to slot the ball home. Hyde who welcomed back Chris Lynch and Andy Smart from injury but were without Michael Taylor (suspended) and Scott McNiven (virus) started strongly but were pegged back on eleven minutes when Nicholas grabbed his first from a corner.

However it was the Tigers who were dictating the pace and Kevin Holsgrove thought he should have had a penalty on 24 minutes when he was tripped in the area. Whalley collected a needless booking for kicking the ball away (later to prove costly), before Dale Johnson was unlucky as Tynan saved with his knees.

After the break, Mark Lees cleared off the line before Holsgrove put Hyde back in front when he cut in from the right and shot past an unsighted Tynan. The Tigers looked comfortable until full back Chris Noone grabbed an unlikely equaliser after more poor defending with ten minutes remaining. The Whalley incident followed and once again the Tigers had managed to grab defeat from the jaws of victory.

Kevin Holsgrove pulls the trigger
Shaun Whalley chips the keeper
Shaun Whalley takes on the goalkeeper prior to receiving his marching orders

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.