An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Monday 22nd February 2010
Conference North

Hyde United3Mooney (69), Tolson (90, 90)
Hinckley United2Eribenne (27 pen), Gooding (42)

Attendance: 307

Hyde United: Michael Jones, Dean Stott (Daniel Douglas-Pringle), Mark Lees, Matty Burke, Chris Lynch, Nathan D'Laryea, Lee Rick, Tom Manship (Scott Mooney), David McNiven, Kevin Holsgrove, Nathan Arnold (Neil Tolson). Subs not used: Glynn Hurst, Ben Rowbotham.

Hinckley United: MacKenzie, Cartwright, Dudley, Dillon, Lister, Franklin, Hall, Gooding, Eribenne, Roberts, Taylor. Subs: West for Eribenne.

There was a sensational finish to the game at Ewen Fields on Monday as substitute Neil Tolson scored two stunning goals in injury time to secure victory for the Tigers. It was the stuff what fairy tales are made of as the player boss was a reluctant fifth sub and didn’t introduce himself until the last five minutes.

It was a tremendous ending to a game that seemed well out of Hyde’s reach at half-time as they found themselves two goals down after an impressive 45 minutes from the visitors. Hinckley took the lead on 27 minutes when Tom Manship fouled Andy Gooding in the area and Chucki Eribenne put away the penalty. Two minutes earlier the tall striker was lucky to escape with a yellow card after his elbow caught Chris Lynch. This was the last action for Manship as he was forced off with a knee injury.

Hyde struggled to match the well disciplined visitors and went further behind three minutes before the break when an unmarked Gooding headed in from close range. Lynch went the closest for Hyde but Chris Mackenzie produced an excellent save.

The game changed completely five minutes after the break when Neil Cartwright was shown a straight red card for a two footed challenge on Mark Lees. All of a sudden the visitors lost their shape and composure and were penned further and further back.

Scott Mooney had already gone close before he pulled a goal back on 69 minutes when he converted Nathan Arnold’s pinpoint cross. It was now all Hyde playing with six forwards upfront as they laid siege to Hinckley’s goal.

Tolson arrived on 85 minutes to add another forward and soon made his presence felt but just as the game appeared lost he headed home Matty Burke’s corner in the first of four added minutes. He had another chance but was thwarted by MacKenzie as was David McNiven. In the dying seconds the ball was flicked on and who was there but Tolson as he volleyed home with his left foot for a goal worthy of winning any game. Fairy tale stuff indeed and Hyde’s first double of the season!

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.