An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 17th October 2009
Conference North

Hyde United1McNiven (90)
Corby Town3Towers (24, 75), Mettam (87)

Attendance: 318

Hyde United: Michael Jones, Paul Barratt (Dean Stott), David Thompson, Scott McNiven, Ricky Mercer, Nathan D'Laryea, Chris Lynch (Mark Lees), Tom Manship, David McNiven (Scott Mooney), Kevin Holsgrove, Nathan Arnold. Subs not used: Lee Rick, Aiden Kirkbride.

Corby Town: Osborn, West, Mayo, Gulliver, Hope, Strachan, Solkhon, Towers, Lee, Mettam, Diggin. Subs: Watt, Shaw, Deeney for Francis, Francis for Solkhon, Stallard for Lee.

Hyde gave debuts to three players but they failed to turnaround the home side's dip in form with just one victory now in the last eleven games, whilst Corby looked full of confidence once Stephen Towers had put them in front on 24 minutes. However it was pretty mediocre game, not helped by a pedantic referee.

The first goal had an element of luck attached to it as the goalbound shot took a wicked deflection off Hyde's Nathan D'Laryea. The Tigers had plenty of possession but lacked any punch upfront as Corby comfortably dealt with any threats.

The visitors had already lost Jason Lee to injury on the half hour mark and were further hampered when Brett Solkhon failed to appear for the second half. Joe Francis took over but only lasted 15 minutes before becoming a victim of what looked an innoculous tackle by D'Laryea. He fell awkwardly and ultimately was taken to hospital with a leg injury. Thankfully no break was detected and he was allowed to travel back with the team later in the evening.

These setbacks failed to affect the visitors and they increased their lead on 75 minutes when Towers coolly grabbed his second. Leon Mettam added a third with three minutes remaining before hammering a penalty against the bar in the last minute after the referee's assistant spotted an infringement in the area after the referee had waved play-on.

Well into injury time, Scott McNiven pulled a goal back for Hyde, but it was too little too late for the Tigers as the Steelmen throughly deserved their victory with a resolute perfromance. After the game Hyde manager, Neil Tolson said "We posed no threat despite plenty of possession and therefore I need to find a target man as soon as possible if we are to convert possession into goals"

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2024. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.