An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Sunday 7th October 2001
Northern Premier League Premier Division

Hyde United0
Droylsden3Glendenning (23), Kinney (35, 64)

Attendance: 432

Hyde United: Richard Acton, John Foster, Matty Taylor, Paul Ashwell, Dale Hawtin, Peter Band (Gareth Rowe), Chris Young, Jason Dormer (Gareth Liddle), Simon Yeo, Steve Foster (Gavin Salmon), David Nolan

Droylsden: Paul Phillips, Darren Esdaille, Mark Bradshaw, James Glendenning, Adam Farley, Aeon Lattie, Mick Moore, Leon Mills, Nigel Evans, Wes Kinney, Danny Warner. Subs: Robert Pell, Lloyd Richardson, Iain Brunskill

Hyde were completely outclassed this afternoon by local rivals Droylsden, not the perfect homecoming for new boss David Nolan who before the game announced that ex Staylbridge warhorse Martin Filson would be his assistant. Simon Yeo had a great chance to score early on for Hyde when he beat Paul Phillips to a throughball but the prescence of the goalkeeper was enough to force Yeo into shooting wide. Droylsden then got on top, playing some good football at times and it was no surprise when they took the lead on 23 minutes, James Glendenning rifling home following one of many corners the visitors forced early on in the game. Another Danny Warner corner caused problems for Hyde and they had Richard Acton to thank when he denied Nigel Evans' far post header. Warner himself went close for the Bloods whith an acrobatic effort that Acton saved and Evans then put the rebound wide as Droylsden looked to take a commanding lead in at half-time. The second Droylsden goal arrived about ten minutes before the break as Mick Moore played in Wes Kinney whose trickery and clinical finishing gave the Hyde defence no chance. On 51 minutes Hyde looked to have found a way through as Steve Foster battled with Adam Farley only to be floored by a stray elbow, this combined with the fact the defender was last man led to an early bath and perhaps a lifeline for Hyde. Jason Dormer fired the free kick against the wall and Paul Phillips collected easily. David Nolan then went close with a header after a Chris Young cross and that was where any revival ended. The ten men of Droylsden were still running the game and grabbed a third on 64 minutes as Wes Kinney grabbed his second of the game. The rest of the game saw Droylsden consolidate their lead and Hyde had very few ideas on how to break them down.

David Nolan certainly has his work cut out over the coming months if the Tigers are to climb away from the bottom of the table but I'm sure he knew the size of the job when he took over and must believe that given time he will succeed.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2024. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.