An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Friday 14th September 2001
Northern Premier League Premier Division

Hyde United0
Bamber Bridge1Burton (6)

Attendance: 268

Hyde United: Richard Acton, John Foster (Matt Deevey), Matty Taylor, Dale Hawtin, Chris McCready, Paul Ashwell, Martin Doherty, Josh Howard (Lee Matthews), Gareth Rowe (Peter Band), Gavin Salmon, Neil Critchley

Bamber Bridge: Andy Banks, Jamie Skeoch, Lee Pryer, Phil Robinson, Terry Bowker, Steve Aspinall, Peter Smith, Karl Robinson, Simon Burton, Andy Moran, Dave Leaver. Subs: John Turner, Paul Ryan, Brad Pates

Bottom club Bamber Bridge came to Ewen Fields and left with their first win of the season, something Hyde last tasted sixteen games ago. Make no mistake about it, before this game we were in trouble but now we have a crisis. Bamber Bridge scored the only goal of the game on six minutes when a bizarre bounce spun the ball away from the advancing Richard Acton in the Hyde goal and Simon Burton had the easiest of finishes. Hyde came back and a ball over the top was chested down by Martin Doherty but his shot was deflected wide for a corner. Steve Aspinall went close with a couple of long range efforts for Bamber Bridge before Simon Burton went close with an acrobatic effort following a cross from the left. The half time introduction of Peter Band for Hyde almost paid immediate dividends as he flicked on Josh Howard's cross but Neil Critchley couldn't connect as he slid in at the far post. Hyde were really going for it now and a great save from Brig goalkeeper Andy Banks denied Chris McCready's bullet header from a corner. Hyde should have equalised on 74 minutes when Lee Matthews beat the keeper to a through ball then squared for Neil Critchley but the visitors had enough people back to block the goalbound effort. As Hyde increased the pressure, Bamber Bridge's Terry Bowker lost his head completely when he headbutted Matthew Deevey in an off the ball incident and was rightly sent off, Peter Band received a yellow card after diving in to protect his team mate. Hyde went into overdrive in injurytime as Paul Ashwell went close with a rising effort and then Banks made an excellent save to again thwart Chris McCready's powerful header. In a final throw of the dice Peter Band headed wide after Critchley's free kick. Hyde were unlucky not to get something in the end but they only started playing in the last 20 minutes, and you just can't do that and expect to pick up points.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2024. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.