An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Tuesday 4th September 2001
Northern Premier League Premier Division

Droylsden3Evans (39, 75), Warner (65)
Hyde United2Salmon (13), Band (62)

Attendance: 484

Droylsden: Paul Phillips, Aeon Lattie, Mark Bradshaw, James Glendenning, Adam Farley, Carl Holmes, Chris Young, Dominic Morley, Andy Green, Nigel Evans, Danny Warner. Subs: Leon Mills, Robert Pell, Darren Esdaille

Hyde United: Richard Acton, John Foster (Lee Matthews), Matty Taylor, Chris McCready, Dale Hawtin, Peter Band, Martin Doherty (Josh Howard), Neil Hall, Simon Yeo, Gavin Salmon, Nehru McKenzie. Subs not used: Neil Critchley.

The Tigers are now firmly rooted to the foot of the table after this defeat at the Butchers Arms. Yet again, the team played with fight and effort that couldn't be faulted but defensive mistakes cost us dear. The first sign that it could go against the visitors came on 8 minutes when the impressive Mark Bradshaw drilled a shot across the face of goal from an angle. Hyde then took the lead on 13 minutes when a poor corner was salvaged at the near post by Simon Yeo and Gavin Salmon rose highest to steer the ball into the corner. The Bloods hit back though and should have equalised on 21 minutes when a cross from the left found Andy Green but the striker produced a glaring miss instead of the easy tap in he should have had. Martin Doherty was strong on 30 minutes riding tackles before his run took him into the area and he shot wide. Droylsden levelled things up on 39 minutes when Nigel Evans finished from close range after a goalmouth scramble. On the stroke of half-time Nehru McKenzie went close for Hyde as his dipping 25 yard shot just cleared the crossbar. Just after the break Hyde went close again as Gavin Salmon responded to Yeo's flick header but shot wide after bearing down on goal. On 48 minutes Nigel Evans knock on was picked up by Chris Young but he fired over the top of Richard Acton's goal. Gavin Salmon showed his steel on 51 minutes when he fought ball after ball and it eventually paid off as Matty Taylor presented Peter Band with a chance but the midfielder headed wide. Eleven minutes later the same two combined but this time Peter Band cushioned his header inside the post to put The Tigers ahead once again. Three minutes after that it was all level again as Droylsden broke down the left and Danny Warner lashed the ball home from the edge of the area. Two more goalmouth scrambles were Hyde's down fall as on 75 minutes Nigel Evans hit the post and a minute later he beat Acton with a low drive from close range. Droylsden goalkeeper Paul Phillips saved the day for the home side in the final minutefirstly saving well from Neil Hall and then saving again as Lee Matthews raced in on the rebound.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.