An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 11th October 2008
Conference North

Farsley Celtic2Walshaw (55), Tuck (80)
Hyde United1Wharton (52)

Attendance: 232

Farsley Celtic: Aspden, Downes, Serrant, Iqbal, Knowles, Stabb, James, Penford, Speight, Walshaw, Prendergast. Subs: Tuck, Backhouse, Campbell, Stevens, Price. Tuck for Walshaw 60 Cambell for Speight 67

Hyde United: Craig Dootson, Chris Lynch, Adam Oakes, Chris Brass, Nathan Wharton, Mark Innes, David Owens (Gerry Harrison), Lee Cartwright, Chris Thompson, David Morley, Nicky Clee (Chris Coward). Subs not used: Lee Rick, Elliot Bernstein, Steve Williams. Sent off: Nathan Wharton.

This game hinged on the sending off of Hyde’s midfielder, Nathan Wharton midway through the second half. Until then the Tigers had marginally looked the better side, but Farsley took advantage of the extra man and grabbed a winning goal ten minutes from time.

The first half was a pretty drab affair with both ‘keepers making one excellent save each. However the game livened up after the break when debutant Chris Thompson on loan from Barrow headed down for Wharton to squeeze his shot past Curtis Aspden on 52 minutes.

Hyde’s joy was short-lived as James Walshaw equalized three minutes later when he pounced on hesitancy in the Tiger’s defence to slot the ball home. Matthew James then hit the bar for Farsley before Wharton collected a booking for a rash challenge.

Hyde thought they had a penalty when Nicky Clee was brought down from behind in the area. A clear penalty but referee Mr Peart waved play on, but his embarrassment was spared as his assistant spotted an offside. This was the start of a mad thirty minutes for the over zealous official.

Four minutes later and Wharton was off for a second bookable offence as he clipped the heels of Tom Penford in midfield. It looked accidental but Mr Peart would have none of it and produced the red card. He went on to book three more players for innocuous tackles in a game of little incident, including man of the match Adam Oakes for his first foul of the game two minutes into injury time. It appeared throughout he was there the impress the watching assessor. On this performance he probably failed by some considerable distance.

Substitute Lee Tuck grabbed the all important winner for Farsley on 80 minutes when his long range effort eluded Craig Dootson and went into the corner of the net. Former Premier League striker, Andy Campbell had two easy chances to make it save for the home side but missed on both occasions as Farsley hung on for the victory and condemned Hyde to their seven successive defeat away from home.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2023. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.