An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 16th August 2008
Conference North

Hyde United5Simm (27, 71, 83), Innes (47), Tipton (80 pen)
Fleetwood Town3Milligan (30 pen), Beattie (48), Peers (67)

Attendance: 316

Hyde United: Craig Dootson, Wayne Maden, Chris Lynch (Lee Rick), Chris Brass (Gerry Harrison), Jamie Tandy, Mitchell Bailey, Lee Cartwright, Mark Innes, Matthew Tipton, James Dean, Chris Simm (Joe Shelmerdine). Subs not used: Matty Bunting, Elliot Bernstein.

Fleetwood Town: Hurst, Doherty, Mills, Kilbane, Mercer, Pond, Beattie, Milligan, Warlow, Denney, Peers.Subs: Foster, Potts, Garner, Beeley, Hale. Sent Off: Mills (80)

Both teams started the game without any points, but it was Hyde who took the honours in a pulsating game, thanks mainly to a Chris Simm hat-trick. Hyde had three defenders missing through injury and Fleetwood had conceded four goals midweek so goals were always likely and so it proved.

Steve Williams, Dave Morley and Karl Munroe all failed fitness tests for the Tigers, so it was very much a reshuffle with Chris Brass partnering Wayne Maden and Mitch Bailey covering at right back. Jamie Tandy made his debut in midfield.

Hyde started the stronger, but Mark Peers brought a fine save out of Craig Dootson before James Dean hit a post for the Tigers on twenty two minutes. Five minutes later Hyde took the lead when Simm forced the ball home after a scramble. The visitors were level three minutes later when Chris Brass brought down Andy Warlow in the box and Jamie Milligan converted the penalty.

Two minutes after half-time Mark Innes put Hyde in front but Fleetwood equalised within a minute through Warren Beattie. On 67 minutes Peers put the visitors in front after some horrific defending from the home side, but Hyde were level four minutes later. Substitute Lee Rick broke clear on the left and squared the ball superbly for Simm to force home.

It was now anybody’s game, but Simm proved to be irrepressible against a ponderous back line and on eighty minutes he accelerated past John Mills who had no option but to bring him down in the box for which he received a red card. Matthew Tipton coolly slotted home the penalty. Tandy then put Dean through on 83 minutes but Danny Hurst made a good save.

From the resultant corner, Simm, unmarked at the far post, completed his hat-trick, to condemn the visitors to having conceded nine goals in two games. However there was still time for the excellent Milligan to strike a post and then set up Warlow who missed badly from eight yards before the final whistle to end a thrilling game.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2023. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.