An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 26th April 2008
Conference North

Boston United2Weaver (70), Froggatt (80)
Hyde United1Tipton (37)

Attendance: 1740

Boston United: Wright, Matthews, Green, Ellender, Weaver, Bloomer, Talbot, Leabon, Froggatt, Thompson, Rowan. Subs: Stevenson, Wesley, Nicholls, Crane, Kinch.

Hyde United: Craig Dootson, Chris Brass, Andrew Teague, David Morley (Shane Killock), Peter Band, Mark Innes, Lee Cartwright, Steve Pickford (Chris Simm), Matthew Tipton, Gareth Seddon, Nicky Clee (Chris Lynch). Subs not used: Lee Rick, Bobby Gee.

This game followed a similar pattern to many recent Hyde games whereby the Tigers take the lead, look comfortable for an hour and then capitulate and concede two late goals. It was tough on Matthew Tipton though, who arguably, scored the goal of the season on 37 minutes when he curled home from 30 yards.

There was actually more excitement before the game. Hyde found themselves caught up in traffic chaos entering Boston and had to be rescued by the local Police and given an escort to the ground which would not have been out of place on Police, Camera, Action, as the Hyde coach raced through the narrow streets of the Lincolnshire town!

The Boston Chairman took the field before the teams to announce that the Club had reached a settlement with the Inland Revenue and avoided immediate liquidation and hopefully had secured their future for another season.

By the time kick-off had arrived the bumper crowd of 1,740 were in a mood to celebrate in the glorious spring weather just as the Chairman had requested. But it was Hyde who threatened to spoil the Bostonís party when Tipton scored his exquisite goal.

The Tigers controlled the game after the break and were desperately unlucky not to increase their lead on sixty minutes when Gareth Seddonís goal-bound shot managed to strike Tipton on the line and go wide. This miss seemed to inspire the home side and Craig Dootson was forced into a number of fine saves.

Boston equalised on seventy minutes when Simon Weaver, completely unmarked, headed home a corner. The home side sensed victory as the Tigers had nothing left in the tank and ten minutes from the end, Jon Froggatt took advantage of Andy Teagueís hesitation to clinch victory and send the home fans wild.

There was still time for Jon Stevenson to strike the bar but Hyde had nothing left apart from taking a close look at themselves to see where it had all gone wrong in such a disastrous and calamitous second half of the season.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2023. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.