An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 19th April 2008
Conference North

Solihull Moors1Middleton (33 pen)
Hyde United4Tipton (36 pen), Seddon (43, 65), Clee (51)

Attendance: 247

Solihull Moors: Crane, Faulds, Streete, Collins, Ayres, Gould, Ducros, Middleton, Moore, Hollis, Ritchie. Subs: Davidson, Rachel, English.

Hyde United: Craig Dootson, Chris Brass, Andrew Teague, David Morley, Peter Band, Mark Innes (Bobby Gee), Lee Cartwright, Steve Pickford (Gerry Harrison), Matthew Tipton (Chris Simm), Gareth Seddon, Nicky Clee. Subs not used: Lee Rick, Chris Lynch.

After five consecutive away defeats, Hyde bounced back in style with an emphatic 4-1 victory over in-form Solihull Moors at Damson Park. Solihull hadn’t lost at home this year and came into the game with a recent thrashing of play-off hopefuls, Southport under their belt. After such a disappointing second half of the season it was a case of too little too late for the dispirited Tigers, but on the day Solihull were well beaten.

Steve Waywell went back to basics and picked the midfield four who had served him so well in the first half of the season and they didn’t let him down. All four contributed to an excellent team performance and once the Tigers went in front, this time there was no going back.

Ironically it was the home side who took the lead on 33 minutes through a Darren Middleton penalty when Andy Teague got into a tangle in attempting to clear and the ball brushed his hand. Referee Mr Radford had no hesitation in pointing to the spot. It was harsh on the Tigers as they had a much stronger appeal for a handball in the area minutes earlier.

Three minutes later Matthew Tipton broke clear down the left and his cross kissed a defender’s hand and Mr Radford appeared to even things up with another ‘soft penalty’. Tipton made no mistake from the spot.

Hyde had performed well in the first period and had the majority of possession and grabbed another goal two minutes before the break when Nicky Clee crossed from the left for Gareth Seddon to head home to give them a fully deserved half time lead.

Recently when Hyde have the advantage at the break they surrender it very quickly, but not this time as within six minutes of the restart Tipton had turned provider for Clee to score with a rare header. Tipton had the ball in the net two minutes later but Mr Radford ruled he had controlled it with his hand. Another bizarre decision on a day he appeared to get all the key handball decisions completely wrong.

Seddon grabbed his second and Hyde’s fourth on sixty five minutes to round off a thoroughly professional performance from the Tigers but there was still time for Craig Dootson to make a couple of brilliant saves as the Moors staged a late rally.

Nicky Clee leaps to head home the third goal. Pic - Chris Hilton

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2023. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.