An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Friday 21st March 2008
Conference North

Barrow1Bond (90)
Hyde United0

Attendance: 1199

Barrow: Deasy, Woodyatt, Elderton, Jones, McNulty, Henney, Bond, Boyd, Walker, Rogan, Thompson. Subs: Tait. Nelson, Morris, Sheridan, Bayliss.

Hyde United: Craig Dootson, Chris Brass, Andrew Teague (Chris Lynch), David Morley, Shane Killock, Mark Innes, Peter Band, Steve Pickford, Matthew Tipton, Gareth Seddon (Chris Simm), Nicky Clee. Subs not used: Lee Rick, Chris Cooke, Danny Holland.

Hyde travelled to Barrow on Good Friday but there was certainly nothing good about the game and with a no score draw looking a certainty, the home side contrived to snatch a goal right at the death to condemn the Tigers to their fourth successive defeat. The conditions didn’t help with a blustery cross wind, although the forecast snow never materialised and the sun shone.

With just four wins out of the last seventeen games since Christmas the Tigers are shell shocked and on this showing the end of season cannot come quick enough. There was no faulting the effort against one of the League’s form teams, but too many players are playing without confidence.

Although the midfielders battled hard, nobody can claim to have had a good game and consequently the forwards received no service, resulting in the Barrow ‘keeper not making a save of note and Hyde failing to score for the third consecutive game. It has to be said that Barrow were not much better and hardly troubled Craig Dootson either.

The back four played well, with Shane Killock outstanding, but time and time again the ball just kept coming back and a good piece of skill from Andy Bond in the last minute settled the tie.

Killock recovered well from a sickening injury early in the game when he was pushed into the advertising boards by Jason Walker, who surprisingly escaped censure from the referee. David Morley suffered a similar fate later on. Again the culprit escaped a caution, but Morley was booked for protesting.

The Tigers had a good spell late in the second half and looked like they may snatch an unlikely victory until the killer goal at the end left them just added time to stage a recovery.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2023. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.