An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 1st March 2008
Conference North

Hyde United4Morley (6), Tipton (16), Simm (57, 66)
Hucknall Town2Robinson (47), Knox (65)

Attendance: 333

Hyde United: Jean-Paul Ndjebayi, Andrew Teague (Chris Cooke), Chris Lynch, David Morley, Shane Killock, Peter Band, Steve Bushell (Lee Rick), Steve Pickford, Matthew Tipton, Gareth Seddon (Mark Innes), Chris Simm. Subs not used: Dale Johnson, Danny Warner.

Hucknall Town: Smith, Asher, Macpherson, Ellis, Sucharewycz, Wilson, Robinson, Mayman, Knox, Galloway, Graves. Subs: Saunders, Bacon, Thorpe, Hall for Mayman, Cullingworth

Hyde dominated much of this game but Hucknall pushed them all the way and it took two second half strikes from Chris Simm to secure the points for the Tigers on a blustery afternoon at Ewen Fields.

The teams walked out to the Cameroon National Anthem to celebrate the return of Jean Paul Ndjebayi in goal for Hyde after a ten month absence to deputise for the sick Craig Dootson. As usual he kept the crowd entertained with his antics, whilst at the same time worrying defenders and Manager alike with his eccentric goalkeeping.

Hyde could have took the lead within thirty seconds when Simm pounced on hesitation in the Hucknall defence, but his shot went wide. However the home fans only had to wait another five minutes before, for the second week running, Dave Morley headed home from six yards following Matthew Tipton’s corner.

Ten minutes later Hyde were two up when Andy Teague’s long ball found Tipton, who finished superbly. The visitors were on the ropes and could have conceded more, but they fought back strongly just before the break and Bobby Wilson had an effort cleared off the line.

Ian Robinson, who was booked just before the break for a heavy tackle on Teague, pulled a goal back two minutes into the second period and ten minutes later Peter Knox had an effort on the top of the crossbar. Hyde stormed upfield and a long searching ball from Gareth Seddon found Simm who rifled the ball into the net past a stunned Greg Smith.

Knox pulled a goal back on sixty five minutes after Ndjebayi’s attempted punch had rebounded off him into the net, but the home side regained their two goal cushion a minute later. Seddon had a superb shot turned away and from the resultant corner, Morley headed on for Simm to grab his second and secure the points for Hyde.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2023. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.