An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Tuesday 19th February 2008
Conference North

Vauxhall Motors3Heler (22), Field (74), Roberts (82)
Hyde United4Seddon (34), Cartwright (62), Tipton (67, 69)

Attendance: 143

Vauxhall Motors: Murphy, Holmes, Williams, Field, Robinson, Hitchen, Heler, Griffiths, Reed, Smith, Egerton. Subs: Roberts for Reed, Rigby, Gresty, Owens

Hyde United: Craig Dootson, Andrew Teague (Peter Band), Chris Lynch, David Morley, Shane Killock, Mark Innes, Lee Cartwright, Steve Pickford (Nathan Wharton), Matthew Tipton, Gareth Seddon, Chris Simm. Subs not used: Nicky Clee, Dale Johnson, Danny Warner.

Hyde skated back into a play-off place on Tuesday night with a deserved victory on an icy and frozen pitch at Rivacre Park. In keeping with other games, Hyde did it the hard way allowing Vauxhall to pull back two late goals to set up a finish tenser than it should have been.

However the Tigers showed tremendous spirit in adversity after going a goal behind on 22 minutes. Peter Heler picked up the ball about thirty yards out after a blatant push. Referee Mr. Newell allowed play to continue and Heler smashed the ball goalwards. Craig Dootson unsure of his footing could do nothing as it hit the back of the net.

Mr Newell had already been the centre of attention ten minutes earlier when Chris Simm was hacked down by former Tiger Craig Robinson as he burst clear. A yellow card was produced, when it could have been red.

The Tigers had the ball in the net on 31 minutes when Matthew Tipton headed home, but it was ruled out for offside, but the small band of Hyde fans on a bitterly cold night only had to wait another five minutes for the equaliser when Tipton and Dave Morley set up Gareth Seddon to head home.

Three goals in a seven minute spell after the break sealed victory for the Tigers. First Seddon crossed for Lee Cartwright to score a rare headed goal on sixty two minutes before an end to end flowing move saw Tipton finish well and it was Tipton again who grabbed Hyde’s fourth after being set up by Seddon.

As the conditions worsened, Mr Newell consulted his assistant before agreeing the match could continue and then Tom Field scored an absolute screamer for the Motormen. Eight minutes later Morley got into all sorts of problems and failed to clear which allowed substitute David Roberts’ shot to take a deflection and drift over Dootson to set up an anxious last ten minutes for the Tigers in a game they should have had comfortably in the bag. Three points nevertheless and a morale boosting victory on a treacherous surface.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2022. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.