An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Monday 27th August 2007
Conference North

Harrogate Town2Hume (41), Dunning (86)
Hyde United1Seddon (90)

Attendance: 554

Harrogate Town: Aspden, Price, Peat, Ingram, Hume, Dunning, Hunter, James, Whittington, Holland, Merris. Subs: Bettney, Jackson, Wood, Musslewaite

Hyde United: Craig Dootson, Chris Brass, Tom Cowan (Chris Lynch), Earl Davis, Peter Band, Nathan Wharton, Lee Cartwright, Scott Warner (Gareth Seddon), Chris Simm (Matthew Tipton), Dale Johnson, Nicky Clee. Subs not used: Mark Innes, Gerry Harrison.

Hyde were desperately unlucky at Wetherby Road as they hit the woodwork four times and had another shot cleared off the line as they battled to the end against an Harrogate side who headed the league with four straight wins, but ultimately they came away with nothing.

Harrogate just about shaded the first half even though Dale Johnson struck the post after a good move on thirty eight minutes. It was to prove costly as three minutes later Mark Hume headed in a corner after Earl Davis had slipped. The half ended on a sad note with Tom Cowan led off and immediately taken to hospital after Roy Hunter had followed through catching him on the throat. Cowan has already been booked for an innocuous tackle, whilst Hunter was not even spoken to by the inconsistent referee.

Immediately after half time the referee booked Harrogate’s Dave Merris for another run of the mill tackle and this was to prove costly later as he booked the player for time-wasting in the last few minutes and ordered him from the field.

Within ten minutes of the restart Gareth Seddon, free from suspension, was introduced, closely followed by Matthew Tipton as Hyde surged forward down the slope. Tipton had an immediate impact hitting the post twice and then having a shot of the line, but it was to no avail as Darren Dunning hammered home a beauty on 86 minutes in a rare Harrogate attack. This was literally a bolt out of the blue as the second half had belonged to Hyde. A minute later Johnson headed against the post, when he should really have scored.

Merris had already gone for an early bath when Seddon marked his return with an absolute screamer from twenty five yards to pull a goal back. It was the last real action in a game which the Tigers should have had a point if not three, but once again they had given the opposition a two goal start.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2023. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.