An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 14th April 2007
Conference North

Hyde United2Gedman (2), Seddon (11)
Alfreton Town1Glass (29)

Attendance: 355

Hyde United: Craig Dootson, David German, Danny Caldecott, Earl Davis (Michael Taylor), Lincoln Adams, Scott Warner, Paul Gedman (Chris Lynch), Steve Pickford, Dale Johnson (Damien Quigley), Gareth Seddon, Nicky Clee. Subs not used: Lee Rick, Tom Gregson.

Alfreton Town: Roberts, Clarke, Brown, Hannigan, Laight, Winder, Burbeary, Flanaghan, Glass, Rawle, Whitman. Subs: Reeves, Harcourt, Large, Bingham, Hirst.

The Tigers maintained their slim play-off hopes with a narrow victory over Alfreton Town. In fact it was the first time Hyde had beaten the visitors in Conference North.

There was another disappointing crowd at Ewen Fields of only 355, despite the stunning weather, to see Hyde set off like a train and score twice in the first eleven minutes, miss a few more chances and then take their foot off the gas for the rest of the game. The visitors fought back, but despite grabbing a goal and having plenty of possession, they never really threatened Hyde in the second half.

Hyde took the lead after just two minutes when the recalled Paul Gedman turned in the area and lashed a shot under Dale Roberts. Seven minutes later the Tigers almost had another when Craig Dootson’s long kick was met on the half volley by Nicky Clee but his shot ricocheted off the crossbar.

It was just two minutes later that Clee released leading scorer Gareth Seddon, His cross shot was well saved by Roberts, but he followed up and rifled the ball home.

Dale Johnson burst through but he couldn’t beat Roberts as Hyde threatened to run riot. However the game suddenly changed on 29 minutes as Matthew Glass punished hesitancy in the Hyde defence and pulled a goal back.

Alfreton now clawed their way back into a game which looked beyond them and forced a succession of corners as half time approached.

The second half was a pretty turgid affair. Earl Davis and Gedman were forced off with injuries and the reshuffled Tigers never got back into their stride. The hot weather began to take its toll and the game fizzled out.

At least the Tigers had the consolation of making up two points on Harrogate and still have everything to play for as they visit Hinckley on Saturday.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2024. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.