An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 20th September 2003
Northern Premier League First Division

Hyde United2Tolson (28), Pendlebury (82)
Lincoln United0

Attendance: 270

Hyde United: Mark Westhead, Steven Clegg, Ian Pendlebury, Paul Jones, Craig Buckley, John O'Kane, John Gaynor, Phil Salt, Neil Tolson, Anthony Wright (Glyn Barker), Matty McNeil. Subs not used: Tony Watts, Anthony Kielthy.

Lincoln United: Conroy, Horsewood, Brown, McDaid, George, Gilbery, Hawley, Bull, Williams, Miller, Hall. Subs: Buckthorne, Hone, Simmons.

This was a tough game for the Tigers. Lincoln played very well until Ian Pendlebury sealed it with eight minutes left. The Tigers showed resiliance when they needed to but still managed to create chance after chance with some flowing football orchestrated by Phil Salt from midfield. The ref did well too, after the pedantic ones we have had recently, and kept good control of a sporting game.

Hyde were without Anthony Callaghan and replaced him with John Gaynor, who got better as the match progressed. The three forwards again looked lively, whilst the defence had their first clean sheet of the season.

In a lively opening Matty McNeil brought the first of a series of good saves from Lincoln 'keeper Nick Conroy, whilst at the other end, Gary Bull headed against the post. Hyde took the lead on 28 minutes when Neil Tolson headed in a Pendlebury corner at the near post. Five minutes before half-time, Craig Buckley burst through to be thwarted by another good save from Conroy.

Lincoln came back strongly in the second half, but the Tigers continued to create chances and McNeil brought another great save from Conroy on 72 minutes. A minute later Mark Westhead produced a good save from Paul Millerand that proved to be Lincoln's last chance as Hyde picked up the tempo again.

Anthony Wright went close before Pendlebury sealed it with a great lob (if he meant it!) to the far post leaving Conroy floundering. There was still time for the impressive McNeil to head against the bar as the Tigers finshed strongly to register their third league win in a row.

The Tigers go on their travels now with only two scheduled league games at Ewen Fields before November 9th and both these are dependant on our progress in the FA Cup. We start our travels with our first ever trip to Kidsgrove on Wednesday. Another tough game, but the Tigers have proved they now have the capability of beating anybody.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2023. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.