An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Saturday 27th January 2007
Conference North

Redditch United2Ricketts (72), Walker (80)
Hyde United1Seddon (88)

Attendance: 440

Redditch United: Anstiss, Petty, Whitcombe, Walker, Rae, Deakin, Alsop, Clarke, Adams, Hollis, Palmer. Subs: Rickards, Geohaghon, Walker, Cotterill, Francis.

Hyde United: Jean-Paul Ndjebayi, David German, Damien Quigley, Lincoln Adams, Michael Taylor, Nathan Wharton, Gerry Harrison, Steve Pickford, Dale Johnson, Gareth Seddon, Nicky Clee (Paul Gedman). Subs not used: Chris Lynch, Steve Brackenridge, Paul Howarth, Neil Tolson.

After finding goals so easy for most of January, the Tigers came unstuck at bogey team, Redditch United on Saturday and paid the ultimate penalty for a series of missed chances.

On a heavy tacky pitch goals would always be at a premium but lowly Redditch managed to find two from their substitutes in the second half, whilst the Tigers could only summon a late consolation from Gareth Seddon as they were frequently thwarted by Richard Anstiss.

The Tigers were without Craig Dootson and Earl Davis, but gave a debut to on loan signing, Damien Quigley from Bury, who quickly adjusted to the faster pace of Conference North. Hyde started brightly and had a chance after only ten minutes, but the ball was scrambled off the line. For most of the half, the home side bombarded Hyde with a succession of high balls but Michael Taylor and Lincoln Adams dealt with them well. As the half closed, Seddon broke clear only for Anstiss to make the first of a number of excellent saves.

Within three minutes of the restart, Anstiss made another brilliant save from Seddon

And then five minutes later Dale Johnson chipped against the bar. The game changed on the hour mark when Redditch introduced Exodus Geohaghon at the back and Scott Rickards up front. Redditch picked up the pace and with twenty minutes remaining took the lead with a stunning strike form Rickards.

The Tigers were still in the hunt but five minutes after coming on Dave Walker found himself in acres of space with the Hyde defence still upfield. He broke clear, easily rounded Jean Paul Ndjebayi and added a second with ten minutes remaining.

Still time for Hyde to have a legitimate penalty claim turned down as Johnson was clearly held in the box and despite a late goal from Seddon, it was not Hyde’s day, who were left to rue the chances that had gone begging.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2023. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.