An unofficial site recording the results and player stats of the Tigers.

Match Details:

Tuesday 23rd January 2018
Northern Premier League First Division North

Hyde United5Coates (2), Marie (26), Jones (76), Brown (88), Beadle (90 pen)
Mossley1Ellis (45)

Attendance: 327

Hyde United: Peter Crook, Kyle Harrison, James Burke, Ross Daly, Harry Coates, Paddy Miller, Tom Pratt (David Brown), Janni Lipka, Dominic Marie (Matthew Beadle), Phattaraphol 'Big' Khamsuk (Karl Jones), Luke Porritt. Subs not used: Tyrone Gay, Chris Churchman.

Mossley: Martin, Jeffs, Downey, Quansah, Dean, Evans, Harrison, Porya, Ellis, Tuohy, Fish. Subs: McLellan, Duffy, Latham, McLaughlin, Smith. Sent Off: Jeffs.

The first 30 minutes of this game had Hyde with the upper hand, creating some good moves and passing and we could have been 4 nil up by half time but for a couple of good saves by the Mossley keeper and some near misses by our own players.

Hyde went quickly into the lead from a corner kick which was headed away by Mossley and was picked up by Big just outside the area, with the ball at his feet he worked it to the left and dinked a ball in over the back line for Harry Coates to run onto to open the scoring, injuring himself in the process after coliding with the outcoming keeper. Hyde were 2-0 up in 26 minutes after a great bit of vision by James Burke, having collected the ball from a Mossley thrown in he threaded a 60-yard ball in behind 2 Mossley defenders for Dominic Marie to run onto, out pacing the defenders he only had the keeper to beat and slotted the ball passed him as he committed himself and went to ground.

Mossley didn't seem to be in the game up to our second goal but the rest of the first half seemed to change and they got into the game and were rewarded with a goal just before half time to make it 2-1 to Hyde. The Tigers were unable to clear the ball from a Mossley attack and the ball came out to Liam Ellis just on the edge of the box to hit a shot into the net.

The second half started with Karl Jones coming off the bench to replace Big and with only 7 minutes of the second half gone Mossley were down to 10 men after having Logan Jeffs send off for a second yellow card for a foul on Janni Lipka. His other yellow card was for kicking the ball away in the first half after having a foul awarded against him.

For some parts of the second half Mossley were still in the game but on 76 minutes it all fell apart when substitute Karl Jones beat the offside trap and was on the end of a chipped in ball from Tom Pratt which he volleyed into the net to make it 3-1 on 76 minutes. Darren made his final 2 substitutes in the last 10 minutes of the game, with Beadle replacing Dominic Marie (84 minutes) and David Brown replacing Tom Pratt (87 minutes). Now it seems like a masterstroke as the final 2 goals of the game came from these 2 substitutes. First up was David Brown who netted in less than a minute of coming off the bench when Paddy Miller sent an inch perfect pass 50 yard pass into the path of David Brown who then calmly slotted the ball pass the Mossley keeper. The final action of the game came from Matty Beadle who after being upended in the box took the resulting penalty himself and put it low to the keepers right.

The team now move onto possibly one of the biggest games of the season, away to high flyers South Shields. A game featuring the 2 top favourites for the title this season. South Shields sit at the top of the table with just 3 points separating them and Hyde, who are sitting in 4th spot. Its all to play for on Saturday and promises to be an epic game.

[About the Site] [Contact Us]
Site content © Stephen Shaw 2005-2020. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of content in any form is strictly prohibited without permission of the site owner.